Comments

• inkie
    inkie Posts: 2,609 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Can't fault nationwide :)
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have opened Santander, Lloyds, TSB, nationwide, nat west, Tesco and first direct and BOS current accounts in last year. I don't remember bpneeding to take any Id into branch.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,413 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't remember bpneeding to take any Id into branch.

I did with M&S - I was very surprised as I have been on the Electoral Roll at my current address for decades and have credit card, utilities, other accounts etc.....
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,210 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    xylophone wrote: »
    I did with M&S - I was very surprised as I have been on the Electoral Roll at my current address for decades and have credit card, utilities, other accounts etc.....

Ah, but it isn't just a current accurrent account, its an M&S current account:p
  • Jlawson118
    Jlawson118 Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It depends on the bank itself really, I haven't joined Santander but two years ago I was able to open my First Direct account without the need for these documents.

And since then, Halifax and Lloyds require you to to into branch with ID, proof of address etc. But I recently opened an account with Barclays a few weeks ago and they just asked me some credit score questions like:
    "You opened a new credit card around April 2016, who provided this?:
    1. Lloyds Bank
    2. CoOp Bank
    3. HSBC
    4. None of these"

They never required proof of address really. So Santander will probably use any of those methods really
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure