pepsi max alternative ...

Comments

• pelirocco
    pelirocco Posts: 8,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    jenniewb wrote: »
    Yes but Aspertine is in many foods, ready meals, yogurts, frozen desserts, sweets, even some crisps and bread products!- not just the sugar free/diet or low sugar stuff. Its a highly used chemical and there are many many others. Its up to you if you want to avoid them and not so easy to do so for many and especially those with larger families, long hours at work in busy no-garden/allotment homes or who rely on supermarket staples.

To be fair none of those foods you have mentioned are food staples ( or shouldnt be )

There has been some research on the role of carbonated drinks on the thinning of bone density and its recommended that they are to be avoided , plus of course even the diet ones arent good for the teeth
    Vuja De - the feeling you'll be here later
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    pelirocco wrote: »

There has been some research on the role of carbonated drinks on the thinning of bone density ....

Indeed there has. Although the effects (if any) appear limited to women, may well be restricted to carbonated cola drinks, might only relate to the caffeine content of said cola drinks, and then again, it might simply be because the women concerned drank less milk.
  • blufish_2
    blufish_2 Posts: 43 Forumite
    cagsd wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip! My boys also only drink Pepsi Max and have turned their noses up at every other "cola" I've tried! May have to give this one a whirl!

Pour it into an empty Pepsi Max bottle and they probably won't notice ;]
  • pelirocco
    antrobus wrote: »
    Indeed there has. Although the effects (if any) appear limited to women, may well be restricted to carbonated cola drinks, might only relate to the caffeine content of said cola drinks, and then again, it might simply be because the women concerned drank less milk.

thats the trouble with research , there is always another theory coming along :rotfl:

I am making an effort not to drink diet coke ( the only one i like ) because I have noticed its quite addictive , and once i start to drink it , its all i drink , and it really cant be healthy
  • here is a warning to those who drink cola. phosphoric acid is in the drinks. its what we used at the pop factory i used to work. we used it for the bottle washer to get rid of limescale end of the week to clear the jets. it did it in less than a minute. powerfull stuff also main cause of tooth problems.
    :rotfl: given up on tesco do a lot os boots offers. but weekends are now in orange trackside b. lol
    now a race marshal at silverstone.:beer:
  • jemb
    jemb Posts: 910 Forumite
    And if we worry about all the things that people have done 'research' on, then we wont go out the house! As a kid I had 'pop' both full fat and diet. I had sweets (full fat) cream cakes etc all the things that Mums now shutter ober, but think back to what you had.... My teeth at reaching thirty are perfect, not one filling, bridge, falsie, nada.

Do we think sometimes things can be over annalised?
    Going back toOPs original statement, that's cool if you've found an alternative to it. Saves you some brass too by the sounds of it! Which, is what we're all about here!
    Married the lovely Mr P 28th April 2012. Little P born 29th Jan 2014
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    here is a warning to those who drink cola. phosphoric acid is in the drinks. ....

You can find phosphoric acid in a lot of things. Cheese, meat, milk etc
    Even the Center For Science in the Public Interest which advises people to 'avoid' aspartame shows phosphoric acid as being safe.

http://www.cspinet.org/reports/chemcuisine.htm
  • pelirocco
    jemb wrote: »
    And if we worry about all the things that people have done 'research' on, then we wont go out the house! As a kid I had 'pop' both full fat and diet. I had sweets (full fat) cream cakes etc all the things that Mums now shutter ober, but think back to what you had.... My teeth at reaching thirty are perfect, not one filling, bridge, falsie, nada.

Do we think sometimes things can be over annalised?
    Going back toOPs original statement, that's cool if you've found an alternative to it. Saves you some brass too by the sounds of it! Which, is what we're all about here!

I very rarely ate sweets as a young child nor had any fizzy drinks and had no fillings , at the age of ten we moved , and i wouldnt drink the water ( soft water area) my mum was worried i wasnt drinking so started buying from the corona man , luckily we moved after 6 months , but I had to have a few fillings , It cant have been a coincidence
  • jemb
    jemb Posts: 910 Forumite
    Poss not. It could also have been lack of calcium and weak teeth?
    Married the lovely Mr P 28th April 2012. Little P born 29th Jan 2014
  • welshsue
    welshsue Posts: 571 Forumite
    Found the Morrisons alternative this morning as have a son who will only drink pepsi max. He came home and looked at the bottles and said "urgh I won't drink that, I only drink pepsi max".
    Managed to convince him to try it and he was pleasantly suprised and said its nice and he would drink it. Told him I will now buy this one as much cheaper.
    Thanks op for the find..... :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport