Credit Card to pay off Overdraft

My credit card company has declared its intention to increase my credit limit by £1100 in 4 weeks time. As it happens my bank wants my overdraft of £1000 paid off in 5 weeks time.

Its a bit of a stupid question but paying off the overdraft would save me the interest from my overdraft (£15-18) per month and also save it going into arrangement to pay which could affect any future mortgage opportunities, I have a default falling off this coming June.

The bank also wanted £100 a month limit reduction for 12 months hence the arrangement.

Would I be stupid not to do this? It'll save me a few quid and also preserve my credit rating?
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered, the point is to discover them."

Comments

• Not sure what you mean !

Are you asking if it is good on a credit rating to pay money that you owe ? , If so yes of course it is.
  • tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Does your bank allow you to do a super balance transfer? Most only allow a transfer from another credit card, not a current account. There are a few exceptions though, do a search for super balance transfer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure