peugeot partner vs berlingo or kangoo?

I am considering purchasing one of the above and wondered which was the best option running cost wise. I specifically want one of these both for the space and the higher driving position (plus more space for my disabled husband).

Also advice on which are the best diesel models.

Comments

• Jamie_Carter
    Jamie_Carter Posts: 5,282 Forumite
    I am considering purchasing one of the above and wondered which was the best option running cost wise. I specifically want one of these both for the space and the higher driving position (plus more space for my disabled husband).

Also advice on which are the best diesel models.

Personally I would try and find a non French alternative, due to reliability problems.
  • GolfBravo
    GolfBravo Posts: 1,090 Forumite
    Personally I would try and find a non French alternative, due to reliability problems.

Yes. Get a Mercedes Citan instead. ;)

It's German. ;)
    Renault-Kangoo-Mercedes-Citan-France-December-2012.jpg

The only "non-French" alternatives are Fiat Doblo (assembled in Turkey, also sold as Opel/Vauxhall) and VW Caddy (assembled in Poland).
    "Retail is for suckers"
    Cosmo Kramer
  • jase1
    jase1 Posts: 2,308 Forumite
    Please, pleeeeeease don't drive it on the motorway if you get one.

These things are the bane of my life. Usually that vile metallic green and stuck in the right hand lane at 58mph for mile after mile of the 2-lane A1M.
  • Jamie_Carter
    GolfBravo wrote: »
    Yes. Get a Mercedes Citan instead. ;)

It's German. ;)

Yeah right. It's a Citroen with a Mercedes badge. I think Mercedes have really let themselves down on this one.
    GolfBravo wrote: »
    The only "non-French" alternatives are Fiat Doblo (assembled in Turkey, also sold as Opel/Vauxhall) and VW Caddy (assembled in Poland).

Or possibly the Ford Fusion
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Why diesel, do you do very high mileage?

I have a berlingo 1.6 petrol. Love the car. Dont know about reliability problems mentioned by JamieCarter, mines 10yrs old and sailed through MOT yesterday and havent had an major problems with it. Just general wear and tear stuff

Had a merc vaneo prior to that, biggest pile of c*#p, so that would put me off the citan personally
  • Jamie_Carter
    flea72 wrote: »
    Why diesel, do you do very high mileage?

I have a berlingo 1.6 petrol. Love the car. Dont know about reliability problems mentioned by JamieCarter, mines 10yrs old and sailed through MOT yesterday and havent had an major problems with it. Just general wear and tear stuff

Had a merc vaneo prior to that, biggest pile of c*#p, so that would put me off the citan personally

The Citan is a Citroen Berlingo
  • tedted
    tedted Posts: 371
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    i think you will find it is a renault kangoo
  • Jamie_Carter
    edited 31 July 2013 at 12:46PM
    tedted wrote: »
    i think you will find it is a renault kangoo

Not according to a senior manager at Mercedes UK headquarters, who was discussing it with me whilst looking at one, even before they were released in this country. And he actually agreed with me, that it was a big mistake to use the Citroen.

I know Autocar said that it was Kangoo based. So either Autocar or Mercedes senior management, don't have a clue.
  • jase1
    jase1 Posts: 2,308 Forumite
    Not according to a senior manager at Mercedes UK headquarters, who was discussing it with me whilst looking at one, even before they were released in this country. And he actually agreed with me, that it was a big mistake to use the Citroen.

I know Autocar said that it was Kangoo based. So either Autocar or Mercedes senior management, don't have a clue.

It's definitely the Renault.
  • GolfBravo
    GolfBravo Posts: 1,090 Forumite
    Not according to a senior manager at Mercedes UK headquarters, who was discussing it with me whilst looking at one..

OMG, is that what he said? And he's a senior manager there?

Just look at the photo in the post above, and the photo below.
    Mercedes-Citan-Renault-Kangoo-474x316-df982d6195b2754b.jpg

Look at the logo on the bonnet.

Mercedes are using Renault's cars, engines and components, not PSA's.
    "Retail is for suckers"
    Cosmo Kramer
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family