IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Ticket Appeals guide discussion

Comments

• Hovite_2
    Hovite_2 Posts: 749 Forumite
    dputters wrote: »
    I stopped outside the Post Office to obtain change for the parking meter and by the time I had the correct change I had already been issued a Fixed Charge Notice.

The sign in the carpark (which isn't very clear) says that correct change must be obtained before leaving your vehicle (which I think would be very difficult?) and the observation time on this ticket was for 11 seconds. As they did not leave a period of grace before issuing the ticket I then appealed to POPLA which has been refused as they said that Napier Parking had not breached their contract even though there was no respective period of grace.

What do I do next as I don't want to be dragged to court! Any help would be great.

You should create your own thread for people assist you personally.
  • Fantastic stories, i would appreciate if you help me fight back a stupid PCN which ruined our holiday to newquay, we parked in Fistral beach only to receive a parking ticket saying you stayed 9 minutes extra or i didnt pay the ticket but it looks like i paid by phone as i found the money taken same day from my account so it looks like i overstayed 9 minutes and they are asking for £60, the company called ParkingEye and i feel its a rip off as it took me a while to get my kids to the car and get them ready to leave including i had to go back to pick up stuff while my wife she was looking after the kids.
    Any help will be appreciated guys please thank you in advance.
    Londoner007
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Please start your own thread and someone will come and help you. Daisy
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • Warbo45
    Warbo45 Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 22 September 2013 at 2:57PM
    On Saturday 21st September i drove to Wakefield to catch a train from Wakefield Kirkgate station. As the railway station car park was closed due to rebuilding work i parked my car in a street close by, namely South Street. When i got back later that day i was greeted with a fixed penalty fine stuck to my windscreen. It claimed i was parked on an access only street. There are no double yellow lines or visible signs saying that it was an access only street so parking where i'd parked was not permitted. Also the PCSO who had issued the ticket wrote the wrong street name down of Charles Street. South Street comes off the street the PCSO had written down on the ticket.

Now i'm an honest person and have paid previous parking tickets promptly when i know that it was my fault but i believe this time i had no warning that i'd even commited an offence when i first parked my car. I'm thinking of appealing but i didn't take any photographs at the time because i was so angry plus it was dark by the time i got back to my car.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Start your own thread Warbo - This is entirely the wrong place to post!
  • Ok, sorry but i only posted a reply as i'm new to the forum and i followed the link to this topic from the "Parking Ticket Appeal" guide.
  • as well as above you would be well served by posting onto pepipoo.com , make sure you give a lot more details than you have above.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • IMHO after trying to appeal one of these tickets do not bother - you won't win. I would like to see verification of the 50 per cent claim. Brighton and Hove have some of the most unclear and confusing parking bays on th eplanet (some would say traps for the unwary) which I pointed out to the 'independent' Tribunal. No way - just managed to add more money to the rip off. So don't bother - just pay up. It's a con anyway.
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It is a pity you have only just found this forum. If you lost your appeal at POPLA it is because you did not seek assistance on here - forum assisted motorists have 100% success rate at POPLA. Next time come back, start your own thread, and you WILL win your appeal.
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • ok thanks - i will give it a try
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport