Nationwide instructed valuation is this a good sign?

Comments

• Miss Amy how long after the valuer went out did you get your offer?thanks
  • digitalphase
    digitalphase Posts: 2,087 Forumite
    Well they are electronic now, so it should be downloaded to the UWs by tomorrow at least (poss today depending upon time etc), following which your offer (depending on whether there are any backlogs etc), should be out within 7 days at the outside (but it could be as soon as by the end of this week all things being equal).

Sit tight ..... its out of your hands so don't waste energy worrying about it .... !! (I know its hard when you have your heart set on a house, and you'll be anxious regardless)

Holly x

Hi, is this the same process with Halifax?

We are having our survey done tomorrow (paid for survey and valuation through them), and wondered if we'd get a text or something with the outcome? We got a text saying that the survey had been arranged.

Halifax have said we should get our offer early next week if survey oK as she has set it to auto approve, whatever that means. And she is away for a day or so.
  • holly_hobby
    holly_hobby Posts: 5,363
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    The texting is a new one on me (as I don't currently advise), but yes AFAIK Halifax do digi survey reports, which are downloaded direct to the lender.

If your survey is for Friday, and all being well, I would agree that, notwithstanding lender admin backlogs, your offer should be out by Wed (if not before !).

Hope this helps

Holly
  • digitalphase
    The texting is a new one on me (as I don't currently advise), but yes AFAIK Halifax do digi survey reports, which are downloaded direct to the lender.

If your survey is for Friday, and all being well, I would agree that, notwithstanding lender admin backlogs, your offer should be out by Wed (if not before !).

Hope this helps

Holly

Cool, excellent, thanks.

And just because I am a worry-wart - I take it that we have passed the 'full application' stage for it to have gotten to valuation stage?
  • holly_hobby
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Cool, excellent, thanks.

And just because I am a worry-wart - I take it that we have passed the 'full application' stage for it to have gotten to valuation stage?

Not necessarily, refer post 3 on this thread.

H
  • digitalphase
    Not necessarily, refer post 3 on this thread.

H

The advisor underwrites the offers herself and she said it was 99.9% done, pending valuation is OK of course... So does this sound like it's all been done?

We aren't too worried as the only glitch on his file was a late payment at our current address just after our baby was born (he got a new card for balance transfer and didn't check the DD was set up) and that credit card is a Halifax one, funnily enough. She said as long as nothing bad at old address then everything is fine, as she had checked most recent two addresses, and just had old address to check.
  • holly_hobby
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    The advisor underwrites the offers herself and she said it was 99.9% done, pending valuation is OK of course... So does this sound like it's all been done?

We aren't too worried as the only glitch on his file was a late payment at our current address just after our baby was born (he got a new card for balance transfer and didn't check the DD was set up) and that credit card is a Halifax one, funnily enough. She said as long as nothing bad at old address then everything is fine, as she had checked most recent two addresses, and just had old address to check.

Not sure what the adviser has led you to believe, but she is not a Halifax undewriter, nor does she perform status checks (unless she works under a packaging desk) - what she really means is that from the info on the application, you meet Halifax's criteria.

Late payments do affect mge apps.

Did she instruct NOT to go to survey until 1st stage uw had been compeletd ? If so, then yes, your status has been accepted, and its just on the results of the survey that the mge offer may fall down.

Hope this helps

Holly
  • digitalphase
    Not sure what the adviser has led you to believe, but she is not a Halifax undewriter, nor does she perform status checks (unless she works under a packaging desk) - what she really means is that from the info on the application, you meet Halifax's criteria.

Late payments do affect mge apps.

Did she instruct NOT to go to survey until 1st stage uw had been compeletd ? If so, then yes, your status has been accepted, and its just on the results of the survey that the mge offer may fall down.

Hope this helps

Holly

She is Halifax mortgage advisor and when we asked whether the application had to be sent away to an underwriters, she said no, that she underwrites her own applications.

We said that we wanted her to process the full application as we needed to know where we stood as we are under a time limit to move. We can't be wasting time with an application which could later fall apart.
    She processed it all and printed up the information, and took the survey/valuation fee.
    The only thing she said she still had to check was previous address, but as no adverse there, then we had no worries for this.

She said it was 99.9% done and that subject to valuation being OK, our offer would be set to auto approve and it would be sent out to us.

Does this not sound right? I am more worried now.
  • digitalphase
    The information was the 'key facts illustration', which according to Halifax website, is their mortgage pack.
  • digitalphase
    Would be cool if you could reply, Holly, as I am wishing I hadn't said anything now as even more worried now.

The whole thing is stressing me out so much :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport