IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Complaints line for parking tickets

I have recently appealed a ticket issued by UK Parking Patrol: I believe these are one of the largest parking companies out there.

I received the ticket for parking in the car park of my block of flats without a permit. This was correct however my appeal was twofold:

1) I had sought and been given permission by the concierge on duty to park there

2) That the ticket that they issued was not legal as the telephone number presented on both the ticket and their website contravenes the new consumer regulations which came into force on 14th June 2014 which stipulates that the use of 084 or 087 numbers for complaints or for post contract customer services are illegal as per the UK consumer contracts information.

To my surprise my claim was accepted, yet I don't know whether it was due to my claim of having received permission (which I was told at the time would never be accepted), or my threat to report them to Ofcom for illegal use of 087 numbers.

Anyone else had an experience like this. Is my assumption that they cannot use these numbers actually correct?

I should note that they did tell me by phone that they don't charge for use of these numbers however I myself was billed 40p a minute by my network - hence why they have been made illegal.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,555 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Well done - these new Regs are being discussed and I am on it. Last month I already altered the first appeal in the Newbies sticky thread to cover another aspect of the new Consumer Contracts Regs ('arguable' but worth including, cancellation rights due to lack of certain information up front). Very useful to hear about a firm which cancelled so early.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure