Butti's Journey: A matter of loaf and death

Comments

• Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    How long do you think it will be until I don't feel tired?
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Butti wrote: »
    How long do you think it will be until I don't feel tired?

When you go back to the Paul Gascoigne Diet?
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    At the Wilderness festival
    Trying all the free events :D
    And I've had a good nights sleep which always makes me happy.
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Most excellent :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Verbatim
    Verbatim Posts: 4,830 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Enjoy! Have you recovered yet?
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
  • Butti
    This is a great festival.
    48% off mortgage

• Butti
    I'm up in Edinburgh to see some comedy between Thursday and Monday morning if anyone is around or visiting x
    48% off mortgage

• Butti
    edited 20 August 2016 at 12:59AM
    Been to see Dr Hammond tonight.
    He has a 8 step programme for individuals to start helping the NHS which really I couldn't fault.

• C Connect with others
    • L Learn new things
    • A Keep active
    • N Notice things, live in the moment
    • G Give back to others, volunteer
    • E Eat well
    • R Relax
    • S Sleep

It was about the NHS so I thought it was going to be depressing but it just kind of made you angry in a good way, angry in an action sort of way.

Talking of anger, and not in a good way..... Yes, its that man again. My brother rang and asked me to ring my dad so I did. It was about my cousin's wedding in a fortnight. My dad was offering me a bed for the night before. Fortunately my brother has already offered me a bed.
    He then asked me if he could have my work number and I said okay. But really its not okay. Part of the reason its not okay is that my workplace is a calm, supportive environment where I am trusted to get on with my job and as a result I can do a professional and competent job with stress kept to a minimum. The last thing I need is an unpredictable passive aggressive man on the end of the phone trying to bait me. So I have to think of how I can put that in a slightly more palatable message. How about;
    • Here is a telephone number and an email address you can get me on
    • No you can't have my work number
    • I work in a calm environment and am keen to avoid introducing volatile elements into that
    • Please remember when you see me in a fortnight at X & Y's wedding that it is there wedding not a family bun fight
    • Oh and by the way I am about to start a tranche of treatment for a bout of depression
    • p.s. why do you make my life so difficult (just joking on including this one)

Something along those lines. My workplace is a safe environment for me - can you imagine me giving him my number and then having to ask my colleagues to block it because he feels the need to ring me up and tell me what is wrong with me/ my relatives / someone else who has slighted him.
    48% off mortgage

• Butti
    In slightly better news I am spending a shedload less at Edinburgh than I budgeted for.
    48% off mortgage

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Oh Butti. I dont know what to say to be honest.
    Can you maybe say that you are not allowed personal calls at work so no point in giving out number.
    Glad that you are enjoying Edinburgh (again��).
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure