IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

*Notice of intended court action* -CPM parking fine

Comments

• I'm just a bit afraid.....
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I'm just a bit afraid.....

........ of what?

How much are they actually asking you to pay now?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • chester_mand
    chester_mand Posts: 51 Forumite
    Of being taken to court and be responsible for all the court fee, their legal fee and my fine.....

They're asking me to pay £149...
  • Umkomaas
    Forumite
    Of being taken to court and be responsible for all the court fee, their legal fee and my fine.....
    Which won't be very much more (~£25) than what they are currently asking for, but, with some effort, you will have a 99% chance of paying nothing.

'Being taken to court' - do you mean in a G4 Security armoured transporter? This is the small claims court, where civil (alleged) debts are settled quietly between 3 people - you, the PPC rep and the judge. No sentence, no black mark on your records, no shame if you lose.

Costs are very much capped in the SCC, legal fees of the other side (only if you lose) are capped at £50. So don't let your imagination run away with you that you might end up owing thousands. Leave that to the millionaire divorce cases.

By the way - IT'S NOT A FINE!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• chester_mand
    This sounds much better. I just hope this will settle soon.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    If you are taken to court by Gladstones there is a very good chance that they will end up paying you money. Do some reading.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Umkomaas
    Forumite
    This sounds much better. I just hope this will settle soon.

It's unlikely to settle that easily. Just be prepared for whatever comes through your letterbox and remember there's always help available here.

The main thing is not to let any of this panic or scare you, it can be handled.

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    What you may not realise is that even if worst comes to worst and they file a claim you can still negotiate a settlement.

You can do that right up till you walk into the hearing. Just something to think about if you are too nervous to go into a hearing. If you made a reasonable offer on the court room steps they would likely agree because it's a gamble for them to go through a hearing too.
  • chester_mand
    It's amazing to have all the support from you all! I will keep fighting and will update you guys when I hear anything. Thx all ��������
  • Umkomaas
    Forumite
    It's amazing to have all the support from you all! I will keep fighting and will update you guys when I hear anything. Thx all ��������

What a nice turn around from earlier today when you said:
    I'm just a bit afraid.....
    To just a few hours later:
    I will keep fighting
    Good on you. We will always help a fighter. Keep in touch. Read the forum on days when you have little to do. See how others are handling their cases with our help. Learn from them. It will make you more prepared and better able to fend off these sharks, whose only purpose in life is to get their fingers in your purse (do sharks have fingers?). :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport