Balancing not just the budget

Comments

• YNAB done, and expenses claimed... turned out to be owed almost £200 so just as well :rotfl:

Budget is now back on track and I have allowed for extra college costs including a day seminar and buying the set of travel tickets. I looked at some alternative arrangements that I hoped would cut down the journey and it's barely worth bothering, so will stick with what I know and is cheapest. I bought some equipment last week which went on the CC and will be repaid next month, but it is already in the budget - and was high time I got it.

I've left some flexibility in the budget as the last couple of weeks have been a bit hectic. I think I can still get the college card cleared before its 0% expires, but must check when that is. Pleased to find that the 'car loan' is sub £2K already so that feels quite doable too :).

College again tomorrow and thank goodness nothing on Sunday :rotfl:

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • well done Rosa !!! on claiming those expenses ..I am slacking as usual ...I think I'm only £20 out so not going to sweat the small stuff at the minute.
    xxxx
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Well done on staying so organised Rosa. Did you find out when your 0% ends. Mine would have been December, so very pleased to have set up a new one. I've also increased the amount to be paid on that one too.

Wow to a £200 expense claim! My work are bad at approving and paying expenses generally, so I'm now in the habit of claiming them as soon as they happen, which isn't often. I'm not sure how I'd cope with regular expenses.

I hope you had a lovely quiet day on Sunday and managed to get some rest.

MTx
  • MuffinTops wrote: »
    Well done on staying so organised Rosa. Did you find out when your 0% ends. Mine would have been December, so very pleased to have set up a new one. I've also increased the amount to be paid on that one too.

Wow to a £200 expense claim! My work are bad at approving and paying expenses generally, so I'm now in the habit of claiming them as soon as they happen, which isn't often. I'm not sure how I'd cope with regular expenses.

I hope you had a lovely quiet day on Sunday and managed to get some rest.

MTx

Hi MT

Thanks for the reminder, I have just gone and checked my CC and it's 0% til May, which is fab - I should have everything clear by then including the last remaining set of college fees. Might even be able to make a dent in the car loan.

My expenses were only that high because I had a long trip to claim for and had left 6 weeks to pile up. These days if I claim straighaway it comes through in a few days - much better than when they would only pay on payday every month!

Sunday was OK. Things are a little unsettled at the moment as a friend of mine has had a life changing diagnosis - and will hopefully be OK, but it's a perspective reminder.

Rosa xx
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Hey Rosa, didn't want to read and run without sending positive thoughts to you and your friend. xx
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Morning or evening ! which ever way you want to look at it :P

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Not much news my side ...nothing sold on the bay of flea's and not really done much extra listing....Did you ever get chance to get your things listed?

I'm eating from stock in the cupboards so being good on the spends on groceries.

Hope things are progressing along nicely for you.

MMSam xx
    Grocery challenge Feb £107/£100-epic fail due to cake and biscuits
    🌟
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,875 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 November 2015 at 9:09PM
    Hello lovelies,

Thanks for the good wishes. My friend has had some better news yesterday so things aren't as complicated as they might have been.

I've done no Ebaying, no sorting winter clothes, no studying... and living on cheese on toast and bought lunches which oddly is working about about even to the usual grocery bill that I then don't cook lol. But I'm getting a bit more organised and have a clear weekend coming up so will hopefully make progress :)

Excitedly waiting on my Desire Map planner :)

Rosa xx

Rosa xx
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Rosa you're not alone in the eBay lull, I've hit one too and the house is a pigsty - I think its a mid season / pre xmas dip. We'll get back on the wagon soon enough.

Glad to hear more positive news for your friend xx
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• kerri_gt wrote: »
    Rosa you're not alone in the eBay lull, I've hit one too and the house is a pigsty - I think its a mid season / pre xmas dip. We'll get back on the wagon soon enough.

Glad to hear more positive news for your friend xx

I think I might give up on Ebay for this season and just give the winter stuff to charity. I can put the summer stuff aside and set myself a reminder to get it out in time to sell.

Flat pigsty situation hopefully improving over the weekend!

Rosa xx
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Oh I'm with you both on the pigsty version of home at the moment. It's really reassuring to hear that it's possibly just a seasonal slump!

Well done on making a plan and not throwing groceries out Rosa. Even if you are living on cheese on toast! Hopefully you managed to find some time this weekend to get plans in place, and even better if your Desire Planner arrived.

I hope you've had a great and very productive weekend.

MTx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure