M&S travellers cheques

Comments

• freeride
    freeride Posts: 115 Forumite
    Is the 1% deal on travellers cheques still avaliable at M&S?

I've just got a CC with M&S, and I'm thinking about going down this route.

Thanks
  • blitzboy
    blitzboy Posts: 477 Forumite
    freeride wrote: »
    Is the 1% deal on travellers cheques still avaliable at M&S?

I've just got a CC with M&S, and I'm thinking about going down this route.

Thanks

Yes, you can either order online and get them posted or collect them in store (where there is a Bureau de change)
  • freeride
    Well, I just got my credit agreement for the M&S CC but it doesn't state anywhere what my credit limit is/will be.

I was led to believe that all CC agreements must state the credit limit before an applicant signs a credit agreement. Can anyone clarity if this is true?

Thanks in advance
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Well, I just got my credit agreement for the M&S CC but it doesn't state anywhere what my credit limit is/will be.
    I seem to remember M&S only tell you once you've signed and returned the agreement*. I was once told 'informally' and when I let slip to another CSA the first one got into trouble!
    I was led to believe that all CC agreements must state the credit limit before an applicant signs a credit agreement.
    How? By whom?
    Can anyone clarity if this is true?
    It's false. :)

* Halifax are the same, but if you know where to look on the agreement they put the limit (in code, ie without a £ sign) on there. :)
  • freeride
    edited 17 July 2012 at 5:04PM
    I seem to remember M&S only tell you once you've signed and returned the agreement*. I was once told 'informally' and when I let slip to another CSA the first one got into trouble!How? By whom?It's false. :)

* Halifax are the same, but if you know where to look on the agreement they put the limit (in code, ie without a £ sign) on there. :)

Thanks for your reply. I got this info from the link below

Pre-contractual information must be given in good time before the borrower enters into the agreement. This must be easy to understand and contain key financial information, including:
    • the amount of credit
    • the credit period
    • the total amount payable
    • examples of the amount payable if the debt is repaid early
    • the interest rate
    • the annual percentage rate (APR)
    • any other fees or charges - eg for missing a payment
    http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?itemId=1073792330&type=RESOURCES
    If the credi limit is in code, its not easy to read and undersanding is it?
  • YorkshireBoy
    Scroll down to 'cooling off rules' :)
    If the credi limit is in code, its not easy to read and undersanding is it?
    It still complies though. See above.

The 'executable agreement' is sent with your credit card. Your credit limit will be shown on this document.
  • freeride
    Scroll down to 'cooling off rules' :)It still complies though. See above.

The 'executable agreement' is sent with your credit card. Your credit limit will be shown on this document.

Ok, got that now thanks.

What are their credit limts like in general, any idea?
  • YorkshireBoy
    What are their credit limts like in general, any idea?
    From what I've read on here, mediocre. Seem to remember many/most people got £3-4K when they launched the long duration 0% purchase card a few years ago.

Obviously there's no 'one size fits all' (indeed, I've had up to £9K with them - twice - a few years ago), but they're not known for huge limits like MBNA are/used to be.
  • freeride
    From what I've read on here, mediocre. Seem to remember many/most people got £3-4K when they launched the long duration 0% purchase card a few years ago.

Obviously there's no 'one size fits all' (indeed, I've had up to £9K with them - twice - a few years ago), but they're not known for huge limits like MBNA are/used to be.

Ok, I will have to wait and see.

Thanks
  • saver84_2
    saver84_2 Posts: 25 Forumite
    I have an M&S card with a decent limit and am thinking of trying this. Does anyone have experience of which method is quicker - ordering online, or collecting in store at the bureau de change?

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport