Survey Stashing: YouGov hints & tips

Comments

• Sol00
    Sol00 Posts: 1,230
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Just reached my first £50 yesterday :) I've been a member for about 2 years now.
  • Yougov is a complete joke!! I got to about £28 after 2 and a half years and then they deactivated my account and have failed to get back to me as to why. What a waste of time- they really are useless. Try Onepoll instead. More fun, better rewards and better administrators!
  • You gov recently changed from pounds to points and I did a survey but got no points. I've e mailed them lots of times about it but not had a reply. Anyone else had this problem?
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,633
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    They asked me to join their Platinum panel this June and I completed 2 surveys in June, and one in July. Two were for 75p and the other 50p. Although I've emailed lots of times only received one reply in August saying the money would be awarded.

I'm still waiting for the points to be added and am not impressed with their Platinum panel.
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    val - when they changed over, some of the surveys sent out didnt say that they were for draw entries and not points, I emailed them about this and they say they've changed it now so that points or draw entries are mentioned in the survey

libra - I'm starting to think that a lot of the survey companies only reply if you send a polite email asking about survey rewards eg "hiya, can you check that survey ___ has been paid out for me as I'm sure I completed it but I dont seem to have been paid for it. Can you check this out for me please ?"
  • I've had one payout for £50 back in 2006, and am currently stuck on 4955 points! One more survey will put me over the top, but they've really dried up recently... There used to be a monthly oracle survey that asked for opinions on brands and paid 50p, but I haven't seen that for several months now.

Where can you set your work/student status? The only details I've seen you can set are name, email, password and address.
  • Just joined!!! Thanks Folks for the tip :beer:
  • I've had one payout for £50 back in 2006, and am currently stuck on 4955 points! One more survey will put me over the top, but they've really dried up recently... There used to be a monthly oracle survey that asked for opinions on brands and paid 50p, but I haven't seen that for several months now.

Where can you set your work/student status? The only details I've seen you can set are name, email, password and address.

You Gov must have been monitoring this forum, as today I received a survey which got me over the threshold! Whoo, £50 on it's way. :T
  • i joined you gov about 2 to 3 years ago now , my boyfriend told me about it .. i have already got two £50 cheques of off them .. well pleased my other half was frustrated by all the e.mails i kept getting to keep taking part in surveys but when i joined i ticked most the boxes for everything even if i was not interested in them.. prob why im picked ?? .. i dont know .. anyhow .. i have hardly had a e.mail from them this year infact im on my way to my third £50 cheque but have £15.00 so far not bad .. just stick with it .. it is WORTH IT !!! :T:T
  • I have had one payout and am up to £38 now although the surveys have been quite thin on the ground lately.

I see survey sites like this as an additional way to earn a bit of extra pocket money – once I do get to the payout threshold then it’s £50 I didn’t have before just for filling in a few surveys online which I’m not going to sniff at – even if it takes me a while to get there.

I like You Gov surveys as they are usually pretty quick and easy to complete and they are on topics that interest me, plus you know you are not going to get refused as others have said. I keep thinking I should try and push my referral link a bit more but a lot of places don’t like you putting it up – it’s worth a go though as that can make your tally add up by quite a bit.
    One day Rodney we'll be millionaires
    £2020 in 2020 - Running Total £17
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family