Northern rock loan over £25,000

Comments

• Paul,

Thanks for the clarification, I will give the office a call. One question though, if people are successful , surely it would open up a can of worms for NR or whoever ends up paying compensation? The costs would be huge, why would they not want to go through the courts?
    Cheers Stu
  • Paul, are you at liberty to say what percentage of claims are successful? 100%, 90% etc?
  • Paul where have you gone?
  • We also have a 30k unsecured together loan and 50k mortage with Northern Rock taken out in 2005. Having followed the story over the last few years I had assumed that we would not get any interest back. We are still paying this and have over half the original amount left. Is it best to just fill in the solicitors form and see what they say? I'm going to try and find any original documentation today. Thanks for any help in advance.
  • pt2537
    pt2537 Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No where mate, been in meetings all week so not had time to get online til weekend.

Anyway, for those who were doubting whether we were right or not, have a read https://consumercreditlitigationanddebtcollection.wordpress.com/2017/11/18/nram-landmark-an-interesting-development/
  • pt2537
    pt2537 Posts: 120 Forumite
    downhiller wrote: »
    Paul, are you at liberty to say what percentage of claims are successful? 100%, 90% etc?

I havent lost with NRAM.
  • Thanks Paul

If it wasn't for the fact I got the mortgage originally with my ex-wife, I probably would take this further, but no amount of money is worth having to deal with her again!
  • KID77
    KID77 Posts: 221 Forumite
    Hi Paul, you say you haven't lost with NRAM but I am now with Whistletree, what is your success rate with them?
    DMP Number 437
    LBM May 2015 47k in debt
    Starting DMP 1st July 2015
  • is there any update on this? Are they paying out?
  • dansbigmama
    dansbigmama Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 22 March 2018 at 9:42PM
    Evening,
    After advice or knowledge, please.
    We have placed a complaint against Whistletree for incorrectly completed paperwork for the unsecured section of our Northern Rock Together mortgage.
    We remortgaged with Northern Rock in March 2005 ( to increase a previous Together mortgage [should have known better]).
    The unsecured part of the mortgage was for £26250 and we were taking it out over 360 months.
    Fast forward to recent years where Ive read about problems with these loans, how they were regulated and issues with the paperwork. So Ive dug out the paperwork with regards to our loan
    I have 2 copies of my loan agreement. Both state that - CREDIT AGREEMENT REGULATED BY THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974. So firstly this is incorrect, but I appreciate that most people aren’t getting very far with this mistake.
    HOWEVER on closer inspection, one copy of my agreement states my Period of Agreement is 300 months commencing on date of this agreement. It shows loan amount, interest rate and APR.
    This copy is signed and dated by myself, husband and Northern Rock.
    The second copy we have states my Period of Agreement is 360 months commencing of date of this agreement. Again it shows the loan amount, interest rate and APR.
    This second copy is NOT signed by any of us.
    My complaint is this - my Together mortgage is over 360 months, however this paperwork states my unsecured loan is 300 months.
    All statements show both parts of mortgage are being paid over 360 months.
    Whistletrees solicitors are dealing with this, they have acknowledged there is an issue. Today they contacted me and asked us what we want to come out of this.
    I honestly cant answer this. Im assuming my interest payments will be incorrect. But they are suggesting reducing this loan to come into line with the valid credit agreement but at no detriment to us. How can they reduce my term but not increase my payments without setting up a new loan agreement?
    Any advice to go back to them with would be appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure