Dancing in the Rain

Comments

• Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Oh Orange Ena, I was hoping no one would remember :o Confession time. I am not booking the holiday as it would push my DF date too far. It would be March 18 and I am unwilling to wait until Spring to be DF. January I can take, but not March. I will be going in 2018 instead as it is a brilliant adventure and I will enjoy it all the more for being debt free :)
    So brussel sprouts, stuffy rooms and polite conversations whilst watching repeats on TV for me ;)

Ah sorry, I'm like an elephant with my memory :rotfl:

I can understand that, I'm reluctant to book a holiday until I'm debt free and I've saved the money via surveys. So tempting but going away guilt and debt free is a winner :D
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Morning campers :)

Yesterday was a long day for me as I was out and working/travelling for job number 1 and job number 2 from 6am to 10pm. It was a good day however and I enjoyed both jobs.

I was too busy to eat properly yesterday, so this morning I had breakfast at home because my body demanded it. I had coffee, yoghurt, fruit and seeds. Then I had fish, a boiled egg, baked beans and mushrooms!

A salad packed for lunch and some fruit.

A course this morning so a later start for me :)

I spoke to a friend who runs a private class in the area I teach. My current class finishes in 3 weeks. I am planning to do a private class to take the place of my existing class. I will be doing it every fortnight. I will be telling the students next week. I decided they will pay the same as they do currently. It will be a much smaller class but my pay should be the same :)

I am looking forward to running this class as it is how I want to work from next year when I start working a 4 day week. It has arrived a little early but that is okay :)

Have a happy Friday everyone :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,255 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    All sounding good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    edited 1 July 2017 at 7:30AM
    I had a migraine yesterday. One of the signs of a migraine is excessive, sudden hunger which I had yesterday morning, so I should have guessed. However, I slept well and the migraine has been banished :)

Due to the migraine yesterday my manager suggested I work from home today. So I save on fares. I will be having a NSD today :)

I spent £6.50 on YS fruit yesterday, mostly cherries that were £1.50 instead of £4 and then I ate them all. I now have £14 of my food budget left. :eek: Keeping a tally in this way is exposing the reality of how much I spend on food.

Washing on and I will be making a veggie curry as I have lots of veggies I need to use up.

I received a letter from a fan of my creative work. It was a complimentary letter but the guy had paid to get my address (one, nine, two .com I am contacting them to get my details removed!) I taught him over 10 years ago so it bothers me that he would go so far and it feels like an invasion of privacy. Trying to let it go and take the positive from it. I lack confidence so knowing my work has impact as I transition back to creative work is a good thing.

Have a lovely day everyone
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Bad news on the migraine. I'm glad you feel better. It's not something I get but they sound very unpleasant.

That's very creepy about the address thing. I hope you're successful in getting the address removed from the site.

As a fellow creative it's very hard at times to believe how talented you are. Some people have that natural overconfidence. I'm assuming your a bit like me, whatever you do you can see where it could have been better, even when people are gushing over your work. I bet your work I wonderful.

Have a lovely weekend.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • doingitanyway
    As a fellow creative it's very hard at times to believe how talented you are. Some people have that natural overconfidence. I'm assuming your a bit like me, whatever you do you can see where it could have been better, even when people are gushing over your work. I bet your work I wonderful.

Thank you parsnip head. This reminds me of your Joan Didion quote 'I have already lost touch with a couple of people I used to be,' as I used to be a confident person :o

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Morning campers

I am in a rut. :o

I reduce my debt —work —clean —declutter —organise —cook —grocery shop —budget. I am doing well in the rut but I am bored with this routine and I want more.

I have already got wise to my time wasting. Since the start of the year I have dropped two soap operas and now watch one. From this week I will only allow myself a maximum two hours TV a day and I will have one TV free night a week.

I am not tackling the difficult tasks, the tasks that will make a real difference to the things I say are important to me, so I am going to start a few new things to shake things up:

—written correspondence of the week
    —treat of the week
    —frog of the week
    —financially fit in the future task
    —investment in health and wellbeing

So, for this coming week:

My written correspondence of the week is sending a form to get my details removed from a website/a letter to Tesco mobile/a letter to my bank

My treat of the week is meeting a friend for lunch and a gallery trip

My frog of the week is to identify a tradesman for a quote for work on my house

My financially fit in the future task will be opening a savings account for my emergency savings

My investment in health and wellbeing task of the week will be buying new trainers so I can walk more

So that is me today.

I am now off to tackle the garden for a few hours

Have a good Sunday everyone :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I love the idea of Frog of the Week :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I might steal that.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    DIA, what a brilliant idea, an amazing list. Another idea I may steal.;)

Have a lovely day in the garden.:)
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Wow that really is a bit creepy about how easily your address was tracked down, whether it was for good intentions or not. I'd be a bit unnerved by that.

I love how you have identified that you're in a rut and have already come up with a plan to get out of it! Very impressive!

I hope that it works :)
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport