IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

SIP informed that i was driving does it reset to the start

HI all,

SIP have been given my details as the driver, which i was ok with as i was the driver but they are hounding me from where they left off with the keeper who is disabled.

I assumed it would reset and go back to the original amount. Since they have my details i have had NTND on 5/6/17 for £100 8/6/17 final reminder £125 14/6/17 notice to of impending legal action £125. Is this right? What could I do about it.

I feel i have a strong case as we had a ticket which was in time, reason for the notice was no displayed blue badge.
Thanks

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    You can reply to them if you want or keep your powder dry and wait and see if they attempt court
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    You'll have to argue this at court, so it doesn't really matter what they're asking for, your aim is to win the case and pay zilch.

There is no appeal with an IPC operator that you are ever likely to win - so a judge will have to adjudicate.

Come back if you get a LBA or court papers.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • zara1325
    zara1325 Posts: 25 Forumite
    SIP are sending all tickets to Gladstones so i would imagine it will be the same on this occasion!
  • zara1325
    Quentin wrote: »
    You can reply to them if you want or keep your powder dry and wait and see if they attempt court
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    You'll have to argue this at court, so it doesn't really matter what they're asking for, your aim is to win the case and pay zilch.

There is no appeal with an IPC operator that you are ever likely to win - so a judge will have to adjudicate.

Come back if you get a LBA or court papers.

Are they in the right sending these letters in such succession? 1 minute its £100 and the £125 then 6 days later a final demand! do they not have to have a timely manner between each letter?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    zara1325 wrote: »
    Are they in the right sending these letters in such succession? 1 minute its £100 and the £125 then 6 days later a final demand! do they not have to have a timely manner between each letter?

A completely unregulated industry. It's like the Wild West.

Is it right - probably not, but who you going to call? We're the nearest you've got to Ghostbusters, I'm afraid. :). The Government are showing precious little interest in bringing the skimdustry to heel.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    zara1325 wrote: »
    SIP are sending all tickets to Gladstones so i would imagine it will be the same on this occasion!
    And we always win v Gladstones, so i would imagine it would be the same on this occasion!

:D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • zara1325
    Great I'll come back when I get letter before

Thanks for all your help!
  • zara1325
    Hi,

I have posted before and was told to come back when the LBC letter arrived, which it did last week from Gladstones.

Short story is I was the driver of a disabled drivers car ( i owned up to it) and i had displayed a car parking ticket but the disabled badge fell off the dashboard, of which I do have a good reason why it fell off, the lady who car it was had fallen and I rushed to pick her up and that the badge fell onto the chair! This can be proven as the next day I took the lady to the GP's as she had a bad bruise.

Is there anyway I should offer a small amount and hope it does not go to court? I am not very good at wording a defence if it came to it!

I am so angry as an over zealous parking attendant was watching me struggle with four ladies who all have learning disabilities and the wheel char is clearly visible in the boot.

Any help would be appreciated - thank you!
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Why consider making an offer? After you got #7!!
  • zara1325
    Quentin wrote: »
    Why consider making an offer? After you got #7!!

Sorry I don't understand what you mean!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport