The Beginning of the End

Options

Comments

• zippygeorgeandben
    Options
    Its a terrible offer of 0.5% though.
    Savings as of April 2023 Savings account - £26460.50(14474.88)Current account - £2140.24(4576.79)Total - £28600.74(19051.67) £1010 (£65pm CS/BS) £250 CS/BS/JS
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,039 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 7 June 2017 at 12:29AM
    Options
    The days of wonderful interest rates for savers are a distant memory, aren't they! But that's interest every year from now on till the house is bought, just for kick-starting the fund, and that's without however much gets added to the account as time goes by.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • River.Bee
    River.Bee Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Its a terrible offer of 0.5% though.
    The days of wonderful interest rates for savers are a distant memory, aren't they! But that's interest every year from now on till the house is bought, just for kick-starting the fund, and that's without however much gets added to the account as time goes by.
    Yeah 0.5% is pretty measley but yeah the day of great savings rates are gone indeed:( If a better rate comes along at some point I'll switch it to that definitely. I wanted a LISA just for the 25% state bonus more. That'll be a huge helping hand onto the property ladder when the time comes :D
    03/03/2020 - The Re-Beginning of the End
    Credit Card Total Debt: £5525
    £0 paid - 0%
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Well done on making the first step :D

Good luck for the summer jobs
  • River.Bee
    Options
    Well done on making the first step :D

Good luck for the summer jobs

Thank you! :D
    £0 paid - 0%
  • River.Bee
    Options
    Holiday day today :j:j:j
    I've got £110 budgeted for it. But I'm gonna try and not spend all of it. I did pet sitting for my mum 2 weeks ago for 5 days and she's paying me £100 for it and she gave me half of it yesterday. So I've earned back most of my budgeted holiday money:D
    DD also came out today for my Barclaycard.
    My new debt total now is:
    Lloyd's cc: £645
    Barclaycard: £2480

Total: £3125
    So close to getting under the nearest thousand :beer:
    £0 paid - 0%
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,039 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You're doing brilliantly!

Have a great holiday :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • River.Bee
    Options
    Well, I can officially say that from yesterday, as hoped for, I have moved out of that hell hole of a house and into one with my OH and our mutual friend :D:D:D:D

I can't find the words to describe how happy I am; such a sense of relief and joy! I'm feeling so so so so much happier mentally already as this definitely feels more like a home than just a house. I just hope I can stay here. Still waiting to sort out student finance :/
    My back and shoulders are in agony though. It's not fun moving house with just two people and no car :(
    Which reminds me to add to this diary that from Wednesday, I declared my car off the road and am keeping it for the time being on my sister's driveway back home. I should have got rid of it last year tbh as it's the primary reason as to why my debt shot up (insurance and petrol mostly) :(
    Either my mum or my sister are buying it off me soon so that'll go straight towards the debt mountain. To add to that I'm also getting refunded £101.08 from the car insurance i cancelled :money::money::money:
    River.Bee wrote: »
    (Achievable) Things that will make me happy:
    1. Changing university degree
    2. Being totally debt free
    3. [STRIKE]Moving into my new student house on July1st[/STRIKE] DONE!!
    4. A considerable saving towards a mortgage deposit with my boyfriend

Also, I might add that i only spent £79.08 on my holiday the other week :beer: I really enjoyed myself too so everything was all good :) Although my OH was questioning why I had the tenacity to record every single thing into YNAB on my phone the entire week :rotfl: gotta stay determined and true if I wanna get outta debt is my answer :o
    £0 paid - 0%
  • River.Bee
    Options
    My sister is getting flaky about buying the car, and my mum says she might buy it as well but neither of them are reliable when it comes to things like this. It's stressing me out. I want to transfer it out of my name so it's finally and offically not my problem anymore. What's annoyed me most is that origianlly I told them that I'll be taking it to Manchester to scrap it (as that's where I'd get the best price) but my sister said don't do that because her and her partner want to buy it soon. So I've left it on her driveway as agreed until we sorted out the paperwork but now she's saying she's not sure :mad:
    It's a pain in the a*** now because I've declared it off the road and cancelled my insurance so I can't just get it back and drive it up to Manchester to scrap it to get it sorted and out of the way :mad::mad:

ughhhh why did I agree to this. I knew that my mum and sister would be like this. My mum still owes me £300 from a loan I lent her 2 years ago plus £50 remaining for the week I did pet sitting for her. I doubt she can afford to buy my car off me on top of that ( she doesn't even have a driving licence but she wants to start learning soon).

ughh more stress :(
    £0 paid - 0%
  • River.Bee
    Options
    Quick update:
    £60 Barclaycard DD out today brings my new total debt to £3050 :o so close to the 3 grand mark!

I would be paying it off more fiercely but I'm STILL waiting on a decision from student finance regarding an extra years funding :( I don't want to get too deep into my overdraft if I might not be a student come September; I'd start getting charged interest and fees _pale_

No luck job wise this summer :( I've applied to various places but no one seems to be hiring temporarily around here.
    £0 paid - 0%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills