Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Comments

• dinglebert
    dinglebert Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Current 12 month deal (full package) was £30 for me which ends early May
    Phoned end of last week Best offer for same package £50.40.
    Checked Sky Box today and 60% offer is there.
    Phoned and asked for it to be started after current deal ends. They counter offered to start new deal today but give £50 credit on account.
    I said yes. In effect less than £28 a month for full package.
  • pawlala
    pawlala Posts: 1,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Has anyone had any success with haggling over Sky Go Extra? My 2 month trial comes to an end but I will not pay £5 a month for it. Live chat won't offer anything as it requires downgrade dept. I wonder what offers will appear when it finally ends.
  • robrymond
    robrymond Posts: 700 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Boohoo wrote: »
    The only problem you may have with getting a good discount with Sky and then going over to Sky Q and still getting the discount is i think Sky Q has an 18 month min term contract so the last 6 months maybe very expensive as i don't think many Sky Q customers have managed to get good discounts after the 1st year has ended unlike the discounts you get with Sky HD+ but i maybe wrong.
    I did look at getting Q after i got a discount for HD+ but Sky had just started to do 18 month min term and would not budge on that so i stayed with what i have.

I've just spoken with Sky regarding a similar thing. I signed up when the contract was 12 months and that runs until September. It turns out my TV package runs out on 25th April.

I asked what if I cancel my TV, do I still pay £12 a month for Sky Q and they said no, as you'd need to return it as you don't have a package.

I'm kind of hoping when I call on 25th March and cancel that I can get an offer on the TV side again. Since Sky Q seems to run separate it isn't too bad.
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    handed in my cancellation a couple of weeks ago. So far no phone call. No one badgering me to stay.

Offers on My Sky are rubbish. WIll hold out and happy to be without sky for a while .....
  • dinglebert
    dinglebert Posts: 1,224 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    shaggy wrote: »
    handed in my cancellation a couple of weeks ago. So far no phone call. No one badgering me to stay.

Offers on My Sky are rubbish. WIll hold out and happy to be without sky for a while .....

The offers are on your box not on the my sky page.
  • I cancelled sky this earlier this week and gone into the interactive bit sky my account and it is offering me 60% off. Some have said it goes up to 75%. Dare I wait.

When does this normally come up in your experience as in days to go. I still have 28 to go. Do they remove the 60 % at anytime will I loose anything in waiting?

Thanks all for this guide it's great for saving money ��
  • I cancelled sky this earlier this week and gone into the interactive bit sky my account and it is offering me 60% off. Some have said it goes up to 75%. Dare I wait.

When does this normally come up in your experience as in days to go. I still have 28 to go. Do they remove the 60 % at anytime will I loose anything in waiting?

Thanks all for this guide it's great for saving money ��
    75% has only ever been offered when your service has totally switched off (possibly for a number of weeks). Take the 60% but see if you can get some credit applied.
  • paul2louise
    paul2louise Posts: 2,416 Forumite
    just cancelled sky and as predicted the 60% offer is showing.
    i have only the orig bundle plus sports. I want to see if i can get better deal on multi room as well but the offer on screen says only current bundle.
    wondering about the sky Q box. I believe that you only keep the box and mini box while you are paying for multi room. You have to give them back if you downgrade, is this right.
  • paul2louise
    paul2louise Posts: 2,416 Forumite
    andrewmp wrote: »
    Easiest way is to sign up on a 60% off deal, then upgrade to Sky Q, you retain the discount.

if you sign up for 60% deal and then go back to add upgrade will they keep the deal on the upgrade, or is it better to see if they ring you and offer the 60% off the upgrade too
  • 75% has only ever been offered when your service has totally switched off (possibly for a number of weeks). Take the 60% but see if you can get some credit applied.

How do you go about the credit do you wait for a phone call from sky?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback