Nationwide - transfer of Derbyshire BS account - woeful service

Options
Hi,

At the end of last year, my Derbyshire savings account was transferred to the Nationwide. I registered for their internet banking service, got my customer number, pass number, logged my memorable info and so on.

But I haven't been able to log in (and my account is now locked anyway apparently). I've phoned their helpdesk, which seems to be staffed with people who don't know anything about Nationwide accounts or have access to computers.

The only bit of useful information I managed to get out of one of them was that my home address had not been properly transferred to the new system. This is odd, given the torrent of mail I've received from the Nationwide, but also a worry - has any of my info been sent to some one else?

I'm now waiting to be re-registered for internet banking. In the mean time that's several weeks without access to my money, as there are no branches near enough to visit.

Is this normal with Nationwide? I've experienced poor customer service in my time, but this has been breathtakingly awful. I just want to close my account and never go near Nationwide again.

Comments

• colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Been a Nationwide customer for many years - with several current accounts, ISAs, Regular Savers, Loyalty saver, MySave account etc.

Their CS can be a bit slow in responding to enquiries but overall their offerings and online service is excellent and I rarely needed to contact their CS over the years.

Amalgamation of other companies is often fraught with problems and it seems you got caught in some sort of admin muddle. Why not book an appointment in your nearest Nationwide Branch to have things sorted out once and for all? They'll probably pay you for your time and the inconvenience.
  • incandescent
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    Why not book an appointment in your nearest Nationwide Branch to have things sorted out once and for all? They'll probably pay you for your time and the inconvenience.
    It seems there are only three branches in the Glasgow area and the only city centre one doesn't have a counter or cater for walk in customers.

Getting to a branch would be extremely inconvenient.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure