Quit..rest ..restart . Diary no.3

Comments

• MrsPorridge
    MrsPorridge Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I love audible. They often have deals for members where you can buy credits 2 for 1 etc., almost every month.
    Debt free and Keeping on Track
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,636 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.comshowthread.php?t=5349916

Biggest obstacles to overcome : lose the weight / find a part time job/find confidence to meet new People / stop lazing around/
    Oh, and get off the prednisolone .

Ac

Will be brushing up my cv and by end of jan should be meeting agencies or at least talking to them .

That’s it for now

Morning AC, so one month and the clock is ticking and we are on the cusp of the second month of 2018.

How are the things you wrote above progressing, any progress?
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,585 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Good that you losing weight and asking if you need something before buying it is definitely a good idea. No point in cluttering up your nice tidy flat with more stuff unless it is really needed. I buy very little really. My daughters are amazed we are still cooking using saucepans we were bought 35 years ago as a wedding present by my Mother in law. They were really expensive and still in good condition. I have bought other sets over the years and they didn't wear anywhere near as well.

They may have to go if we change to induction hob though if I get my way and have my new kitchen next year.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,636 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!

I joined audible last month. Not impressed with only 1 book a month. Then again , if I was sleeping more the book I listened to would’ve lasted longer . I may see if I can buy others online...

Public Library, for free or very lo cost?
  • When I asked “ do I really need this ?...” it was a bit ambiguous tbh
    Obviously , not buying something unless I really need it . It was also an observation that I refuse to take crap anymore :rotfl:

I realised why my knee was still bleeding after 2+ weeks. I’m on a blood thinner azathioprine. The bleeding stopped now , and the cut is itchy and crusty.

Just got a scanner/ printer delivered today . Discount on Argos .
    I will make this month of Feb the last month of taking it easy and get ready for the agencies in March . I’m still not ready for employment but I also realise that I have to grab the bull by the horns and get on with it . The cv will be updated, which is why I’ve got printer.
    I still have jobs to finish in the flat also. Sometimes it’s like putting a square peg in a round hole but I’ll get there.

James came around this morning to investigate the bathroom and kitchen water problems. He will be back on Monday afternoon hopefully . Being a builder it could be longer.
    Regarding the bathroom : I’ve had to put my dehumidifier in there as James has taken lid off of toilet cistern ( the square thing where you flush) . I need to leave it 5here till probably Sunday . I put some netting on there as well 8n the meantime as I don’t want spiders having a party in there. He thinks that the dehumidifier should eliminate the problem . Hope so .

As for the kitchen : there seems to be a leak from possibly a pipe that has been positioned possibly incorrect that directs water a different way from washing machine . I may need a couple of wood joists replaced on the flooring . He doesn’t seem to think the water has spread to main parts of kitchen . It seems to have been from possibly the washing machine pipes spreading under the kitchen sink. Mold seems to be what’s causing the post which holds the 2 doors under the sink to rot . This problem was apparent before I moved in it seems as there was no washing machine in the property until I got one.As I previously mentioned, I’m getting quotes for the cupboard doors too be replaced in the kitchen . He will do this job when he does the kitchen doors . Once all of the jobs are done then fingers crossed, the flat should be trouble free for a number of years.

Been to gym twice this week . Once with personal trainer.
    The music room got used properly ( sort of ) yesterday and weds.
    As I mentioned a while back , I’m trying to simplify my setup .
    Years ago bass players used effects pedals/ units sparingly ,or just used guitar effects . I have a few units . The last one I got in the last flat and only used it on weds. Fantastic ! Perfect for what I need.
    Mad sounds. Most are useful . There are many pre programmed patches from famous bass players that only need a push of a button .
    Usb and built in looper. Should keep me busy . One thing I have to be wary of though is the myasthenia and playing bass. So far it seems ok . My left hand is a little sore from the fall but so far so good.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,585 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    How are the finances AC? Have you been keeping an eye on the spends?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • How are the finances AC? Have you been keeping an eye on the spends?

So far so good :) .
    I’ve cut down a lot .Being careful . I will open up a separate account soon .Obviously when I get the part time job , all should be good .
  • saw The last episode of spiral on Saturday .Great programme . Apparently there are plans for one more series. Not sure if that’s a good idea tbh as it doesn’t look like this series could be topped .

Went gym on Monday for another personal training session and went solo today .
    James came yesterday . He found leak upin bathroom and managed to fix it . He lowered the pressure of the tap, as there was a lot of splashing when washing my teeth etc .
    The tile is part of the suite he fitted and cannot be purchased separately . He will come back and gloss it white .
    The cabinet had some filler applied to it and the water doesnt seem to have returned.

Regarding kitchen :when I moved into the property there was no washing machine . There is a leak , probably by the wall taps .
    There is mold under sink plinth . Basically , I will get James to fix and probably replace a couple of floor joists . There was no charge for bathroom . I am awaiting a quote for replacing kitchen cabinet doors ,and hope they won’t cost too much . Hopefully , I can get James to do all in one hit, so to speak.
    Slept better last night for a change . Still things to do in the flat .
    Will,try and finish everything by end of month.

Just realised, I first viewed this flat on jan 31st last year. Second viewing and offer on 4 Feb . Time is indeed flying
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Hello AC,

So glad I found you. I'll still catch up on the bits I missed last year, but you sound like you're doing great. Who's James? He seems like a great find for getting the things you need sorted.

You sound so much happier in your posts than you did prior to your move. Have you ever gone back to read the first diary at any point to show yourself what a great job you're doing?

MTxx
  • MuffinTops wrote: »
    Hello AC,

So glad I found you. I'll still catch up on the bits I missed last year, but you sound like you're doing great. Who's James? He seems like a great find for getting the things you need sorted.

You sound so much happier in your posts than you did prior to your move. Have you ever gone back to read the first diary at any point to show yourself what a great job you're doing?

MTxx

Hello muffin :) Great to hear from you again .
    James the builder has been a lucky find for me, as you’ll see in my previous posts . Yes , I did read the first diary a few months back .
    I was all over the place then :rotfl:
    It’s good to hear that you see improvement .
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport