employment

Options
hi there my other half has been employed now for 4 years and has never had a contract of employment he is in the building trade. today he has come home with a letter from his employer it was a written notice informing him that he is underperforming, also i notice that next to my hubbies name in brackets it said site forman. my hubby has never been site forman and has never been offered the job site forman so it was also new to him.. but now my hubby will not confront his boss about this. his boss is a bully and harrasses staff but my hubby just takes it.....plllleeeaaassse help as i am going bonkers ....

Comments

• CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative
    CAB_Malvern_Hills_representative Posts: 153 Organisation Representative
    Options
    In general your husband should try to resolve this situation by negotiation with his employer. If you look at the CAB site www.adviceguide.org.uk then go to Work-problems at work and what to do if there’s a problem at work then you will find useful information on how to begin addressing this issue by raising a grievance and how he might get some help with this issue.
    The section Basic rights at work outlines the rights to a Written statement of the main terms and conditions of employment. If he is an employee then a contact will exist between him and his employer regardless of whether it is written down.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com as usual"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure