Ideas for partners birthday - 12th May 2018

So I'd like to take my partner away for a night on 12th May for her birthday.

Not dead set on location, but we're based in Dorset, so wouldn't really want to go anything more than around 2 hours travel as it's just the one night.

Suggestions on where to stay?

Ideally, looking for somewhere where we can go out for a nice meal and then potentially spend the day on Sunday.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• annod27
    annod27 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I know you said 2 hours away but what about Brighton this is around 2half hours away. There are hotels on the sea front different budgets or my suggestion would be if its in your budget just down from the sea front there is a malmaison hotel which is on the marina which has a selection of restuarants,bars. then for the Sunday you have shopping, sea life centre ,pier or the british airways i360 if these are of interest to your girlfriend. maybe post some of the things you potentially want to do Sunday or rough budget and people can advise based on that.
  • annod27 wrote: »
    I know you said 2 hours away but what about Brighton this is around 2half hours away. There are hotels on the sea front different budgets or my suggestion would be if its in your budget just down from the sea front there is a malmaison hotel which is on the marina which has a selection of restuarants,bars. then for the Sunday you have shopping, sea life centre ,pier or the british airways i360 if these are of interest to your girlfriend. maybe post some of the things you potentially want to do Sunday or rough budget and people can advise based on that.

Thanks for your response here, to be honest I have been considering Brighton.

Was trying to keep the budget to around £150 for the night (stay) and then spends for the Sunday.

Not really precious on what we do, just wanted it to be a nice day out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure