pip appeal

Hi i had to go for a pip test and because the woman doing it lied lput down a load of crap i got turned down i have put in an appeal do you still get disability payments while you wait to hear if you back from appeal ???

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    koiboy wrote: »
    Hi i had to go for a pip test and because the woman doing it lied lput down a load of crap i got turned down i have put in an appeal do you still get disability payments while you wait to hear if you back from appeal ???
    If it's the Servere Disability Premium you're talking about then yes it would stop because you would no longer qualify for this without a daily living award of PIP.
  • koiboy
    koiboy Posts: 151 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I was on low rate care & low rate mobility of dla
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    koiboy wrote: »
    I was on low rate care & low rate mobility of dla
    I'm not too sure which disability payment you're talking about but as you were refused PIP your DLA payments will stop about 4 weeks after the decision was made on your PIP. Severe Disability Premium wouldn't be payable on low rate care DLA.
  • Muttleythefrog
    Muttleythefrog Posts: 19,751 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If you intend to ask for reconsideration (and later appeal to tribunal).. some good advice on this and http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139 forums... plus links to good advice. Hopefully you can get the decision changed.. focus on the criteria and the descriptors you think you meet. Hopefully others have covered your key question.
    "Do not attribute to conspiracy what can adequately be explained by incompetence" - rogerblack
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure