Tesco Credit card

Hello,

I applied for a Tesco Credit Card over the weekend (the 0% on purchases for 28 months) and I was declined. On the MSE credit club it showed I had a 70% chance for the Tesco Balance Transfer card and 70% chance for the Foundation card.

I assumed that if I wasn't eligible for the card then they would offer the Foundation card. As i was not offered this does this mean I am not eligible for the Foundation Card or do they contact you at later date? I think i read somewhere on the forums that they emailed at later date to offer the Foundation Card, is this the case, has anyone else come across this or am I the 30% not eligible?:(

Comments

• 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    It depends.

What's your credit history (not score) like? Have you any recent missed/late payments, defaults/CCJs or anything untoward being reported to Experian, Equifax or Call Credit?
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • Got an email today offering me a pre-approved foundation card. Applied and was accepted :j
  • A4445
    A4445 Posts: 1,103 Forumite
    What credit limit did they offer?
  • £250, which is fine for me as I plan on using it to pay for petrol and I'll be clearing the balance every month
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,808 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Cheesey123 wrote: »
    £250, which is fine for me as I plan on using it to pay for petrol and I'll be clearing the balance every month

Your Tesco foundation card is contactless if you use that at all.

Prob the nicest card I have via iphone wallet :)

Ive only 3mths to clear my 137 balance, which should be not too difficult.

Remember Tesco foundation is 3mths 0% once activated.

It's a nice we card, you have got me thinking, maybe I'll use this card next year for petrol to get an idea what my travelling costs are to work etc considering prices are due to rise next year.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • Alexa_A
    Alexa_A Posts: 14 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Congrats on getting that card Cheesy123!

Just applied for a Sainsbury's card (have posted a separate thread about that) but I only got £1500 for balance transfer even though I applied for much more. Doubt I'll sign up for it now.

Has anyone had the same experience and managed to get it increased?
    I have a good credit score, but will chat to experian about my history, I think it might be because I have available credit on other cards - but I need those!
  • My tesco card isn't contactless.
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,808 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    browneyone wrote: »
    My tesco card isn't contactless.

Wish I could remember how to take a screenshot Apple wallet from iPhone 6.

I could then post it in this thread.

I've used tesco foundation a few times via Iphone 6, though I haven;t used it yet as a contactless swipe card.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2015 Zoe i nav -67-131 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • 20aday
    browneyone wrote: »
    My tesco card isn't contactless.

If you want your Tesco Credit Card to be contactless you either need to a. go to Online Banking/call Customer Services and request it or b. wait until your current card expires.

It's worth pointing out some other banks don't have contactless credit cards i.e. Nationwide but work fine with Apple Pay.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • 20aday
    Dandytf wrote: »
    Wish I could remember how to take a screenshot Apple wallet from iPhone 6.

I could then post it in this thread.

I've used tesco foundation a few times via Iphone 6, though I haven;t used it yet as a contactless swipe card.

Press the Power Button at the top at the same time as the Home Button. Screen will flash then and the snapshot added to the Photos app. :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure