Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List

Comments

• Baldur
    Baldur Posts: 6,565 Forumite
    derrick wrote: »
    OK, my Lloyds FRISA,(the 6.5% one), matures 19th May, to save messing about for very little extra return, is it worthwhile to transfer into Lloyds 3.2% FRISA or better to use a variable one re the possibilty of interest rises in the near future?
    Your call derrick.

I took up LTSB's 'Early Bird' offer in February and renewed with them in March at 3.75%; if the rates elsewhere rise, I've made the wrong decision but at least I know that the LTSB rate can't drop.
  • Lady_K
    Lady_K Posts: 4,429
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    As posted earlier I set up over the phone a direct saver reward account with Halifax but when the documents came it was for the much lower interest reate direct saver isa.

I rang them and they told me it would be changed online and I would get a new certificate and documents for direct saver reward instead as they would swap the product over to correct one.

I am so upset because this isnt happening, they are saying I have to sign the docs I have for the isa saver which is not the reward account and they have it on record that it is supposed to be the saver reward but why should I take thier word for it and sign that document for the wrong isa. It has also not been changed online which they said it would be after 48 hours of me informing them they say it will not be changed online until they recieve signed documents, so much for things being changed in an instant.

Another thing is with the wrong isa docs they sent the wrong isa certifictate before I signed it. They are now saying I cant have the correct certifictate until I have signed the document

If things dont change quickly can I open another isa for this year by transferring the £1000 I opewned this wrong isa with and it still be legal?

I should add on the incorrect isa docs nowjhere on the papers is stated the lower interest rate just the name was different and not easily noticeable by some I would imagine
    Thanx

Lady_K
  • Baldur
    Lady_K wrote: »
    If things dont change quickly can I open another isa for this year by transferring the £1000 I opewned this wrong isa with and it still be legal.
    If you did so, you would be opening two Cash ISAs in one tax year, which is a no, no.

You could select a different ISA that accepts ISA transfers, complete that provider's ISA transfer form and let the new provider transfer the Halifax one to the new account.

You must not pay any new money into the new account until the transfer from Halifax has taken place.
  • Lady_K
    Lady_K Posts: 4,429
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 16 May 2009 at 11:51AM
    Thanks well I'm not happy at all, the messing about this is cauising and I have just spoken to a supervisor who just keeps on insisting I have his word that it will be changed once I sign incorrect documents. The way he spoke to me was really rude talking over me and none of ths was my fault. Why should they expect you to sign a document that is wrong and not what you asked for

I'm going to look for one that takes transfers then as ok sometimes mistakes happen but the way I've been treated afterwards is not acceptable.

Which are good ones for transfers in anyone?
    Thanx

Lady_K
  • Baldur
    See this post (scroll down for those that accept transfers) - the post has been updated today.
  • Kazza242
    Kazza242 Posts: 2,167
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The first post of this thread has been updated.

Halifax have increased the rates paid on it's fixed rate ISAs. They now pay 4.00%, 3.75% and 3.50% for four, three and two year fixes respectively. Northern Rock have launched a range of fixed rate ISAs paying 3.15% for a one, three or five year term. Both ranges have been added to the list.

The Birmingham Midshires Internet Fixed rate ISA, paying 3.15% for 1 year (but not accepting transfers in) has been added to the list.

The NatWest e-ISA rate has fallen from 3.51% to 2.50% (for balances of £10K+).

Next update will be in mid week.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Lady_K, just phone Halifax up and - without going into the problems you've had - ask them what type of ISA you have, and what interest rate it's getting. If the switch from ISA Saver Direct (0.5%) to ISA Direct Reward (3%) has been done correctly, then this will be showing on their system.

Otherwise, it may be best to go to a branch next week, and they'll be able to sort it out for you. Should take them about 30 seconds.
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Is the Natwest rate for 'new money' still current or has it dropped for both new and old? I think it is for both.
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
  • carpy
    carpy Posts: 1,083
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Kazza242 wrote: »
    The first post of this thread has been updated.

The NatWest e-ISA rate has fallen from 3.51% to 2.50% (for balances of £10K+).

fortunately that's only for new customers opening an account......that had me worried for a moment thinking i'd have to shift mine but it's still at 3.51%:eek:
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    carpy wrote: »
    fortunately that's only for new customers opening an account......that had me worried for a moment thinking i'd have to shift mine but it's still at 3.51%:eek:

It is for now but I think we need to keep a close eye on it;)
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure