Microsoft Hotmail a/c SUCKS!

13»

Comments

• bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Like as much that poster uses a common password across several sites. Perhaps another site was hacked, email and password obtained and tried at Hotmail?
  • Sicard
    Sicard Posts: 851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    takman wrote: »
    Exactly as martinsurrey has explained above. As far as I am aware Hotmail has never been hacked and if it was it would be all over the news just like other big hacks.

You seem not understand what hacking actually is so that's why I said "Hotmail can't be hacked" because even though I have clearly explained it to you you still don't understand!!!.

So you really need to revisit how you protect your computer and look after your passwords because if you have had a Hotmail account accessed by someone else then you have given out your password, it's as simple as that!. It may have been a phishing attempt or it may be spywear on your computer. But if it's happened and you don't understand why then it can easily happen again and to your other accounts.

Calm down, it's only a cyber debate. Your blood pressure is escalating at such an alarming rate you're in danger of disappearing up your rear port.

Okay, I admit you can't have your Hotmail hacked by a password seeking program but it can still be hacked. Unless of course a Hotmail account is more secure than the FBI, CIA, Parliment et al.

The following details are facts:

There is a tower block on the outskirts of Shanghai where the Chinese Liberation Army Unit 61398 hack into secure sites throughout the world. All the staff are fluent in English and are believed to have stolen hundreds of terabytes of data just from the UK in the last few years.

Raphael Gray's arrest set in motion an international inquiry involving police in the U.S., Canada and the UK after FBI agents picked up on his activities from the other side of the Atlantic.
    Fearing the 18-year-old had hacked into more than 26,000 credit card accounts, from Britain to Japan, costing companies an estimated £2million, they went to his home in Clynderwen, Pembrokeshire.

A British teenager is suspected of being a mystery hacker who infiltrated the personal email account of the director of the CIA and posting personal details online.

A second British teenage boy has been arrested on suspicion of cyber hacking top secret US computer systems.
    Police and the FBI swooped on the 15-year-old lad in Glasgow on Tuesday.
    The teenager was interviewed by UK cops in the presence of US federal agents and his home was searched, the Daily Record reported .
    The schoolboy could face extradition and imprisonment in the United States.
    A source said: “The boy is believed to have hacked into the FBI’s computer systems.
    You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things.
    Donald Trump, Press Conference, February 16, 2017

• martinsurrey
    martinsurrey Posts: 3,368 Forumite
    Calm down, it's only a cyber debate. Your blood pressure is escalating at such an alarming rate you're in danger of disappearing up your rear port.

Okay, I admit you can't have your Hotmail hacked by a password seeking program but it can still be hacked. Unless of course a Hotmail account is more secure than the FBI, CIA, Parliment et al.

There is a tower block on the outskirts of Shanghai where the Chinese Liberation Army Unit 61398 hack into secure sites throughout the world. All the staff are fluent in English and are believed to have stolen hundreds of terabytes of data just from the UK in the last few years.

Raphael Gray's arrest set in motion an international inquiry involving police in the U.S., Canada and the UK after FBI agents picked up on his activities from the other side of the Atlantic.
    Fearing the 18-year-old had hacked into more than 26,000 credit card accounts, from Britain to Japan, costing companies an estimated £2million, they went to his home in Clynderwen, Pembrokeshire.

A British teenager is suspected of being a mystery hacker who infiltrated the personal email account of the director of the CIA and posting personal details online.

A second British teenage boy has been arrested on suspicion of cyber hacking top secret US computer systems.
    The teenager was interviewed by UK cops in the presence of US federal agents and his home was searched, the Daily Record reported .
    A source said: “The boy is believed to have hacked into the FBI’s computer systems.

he's not saying they are unhackable, but rather that if they were hacked (as in Hotmail servers compromised and passwords stolen) it would be front page news across the globe, not just one random account from some random person in the UK losing their account.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post

It's nice to see your worried about my blood pressure but don't worry I'm not getting worked up that's just my "making an important point several times until the person understands" style of forum writing! :rotfl:

martinsurrey has said exactly what I would have.

But I will ask one more thing. Are you seriously suggesting that your Hotmail account was hacked by the Chinese Liberation Army? :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure