Useful Motoring Websites

Comments

• How about checking a cars history before buying.

Car check
  • baz657
    baz657 Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 July 2013 at 9:39AM
    Another MOT help forum.

The MOT Testers and AE's Forum.

https://www.mtaeta.info
    {Signature removed by Forum Team}
  • Oh it is good and it gives some information to us.
  • clevercarbuyer.com offer a comprehensive nationwide pre-purchase inspection service. Money well spent!
  • serviceourcar.co.uk was great. They picked my car up from my work and dropped it back off there and I got a discount for booking both MOT and service. Kept me updated with repairs so that I wasn't in for a shock! Definitely recommend
  • I would like to add another couple of good useful websites,
    For Car Warranty there is warranty wise
    also for business there is leasing options
  • MrCar_2
    MrCar_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Desperateseller.co.uk is the website I have been using over the past 10 years or so, for buying and selling. They are cheaper than autotrader, have a choice of selling packages (£10 unlimited is the one I use) and are always really friendly whenever I have a question:

I also like pistonheads although not listed with them in a while:

Most of the ones already mentioned are worth a look too.
  • tali
    tali Posts: 709 Forumite
    When you click on a sale car AutoTrader has 6 very handy tabs with detailed official stats on the car
  • I found your list of motoring resources incredibly useful when I was researching potential cars. One slight suggestion I would have is to include a section for reputable dealers? I'm sure we're all aware of the bad reputation car sales men have had in the past and although i'm sure times have changed it would be useful to know which new car dealers can be trusted.
  • davo75
    davo75 Posts: 75 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    This is really useful, thanks!

I would also add BreakerYard.com. Really good for sourcing car parts and also for general interesting information and reviews of cars.

Was just reading about how to keep costs of running a car down here and found it useful: http://www.breakeryard.com/blog/motoring-costs-to-a-minimum/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure