Free First Aid Audio Advice

sra
sra Posts: 4,678 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
edited 1 March 2012 at 11:52AM in Freebies (no spend required)
Official MSE Insert:

Sussex ambulance has come up with a clever way of helping in case of a medical emergency. Click the link and it has a series of 7 downloads you can put on your Ipod/mp3 music player to listen to on your journey. Make sure you listen to them every so often and if you find yourself in a situation you'll be prepared. This obviously isn't a replacement for ringing 999 but it may help

Now back to the original post....

Brought to you by the South East Coast Ambulance Service

Here you will find first aid advice (which you can download and store on your mp3 player) on how to deal with common, and potentially serious situations.

Link

Direct links: (right-click and 'save target as')

Burns - Explains the immediate treatment for burns and scalds.
Fits - How to deal with fits (convulsions/seizures) in adults and young children.
Wounds - Immediate actions for wounds, bleeding, and bleeding associated with fractures.
Unconscious patient who is breathing - How to deal with an unrousable patient who IS breathing - includes recovery position.
CPR for adults - Adults who have collapsed, unrousable and NOT breathing.
CPR for babies - Babies who are unrousable and NOT breathing.
Collapsed patient in detail - Explains the complete scenario including checks for breathing, circulation, etc.

The above audio files are copyright South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Trust, 2006. We encourage users to distribute them but they must not be used for commercial purposes or sold in any format.

EDIT:
More from St. John Ambulance

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• Tried following this link but the files would not play or download when I tried, may need to be tried again later to check that files are still available
    Jammy Dodger

In life you make your own luck - :D
  • sra
    wow

I never even knew this made it in the tip :)

I'm sure I still have all the files
    and since they "...encourage users to distribute them..." I'll see what I can do about hosting them somewhere as soon as I get the chance/find somewhere.
  • ads_2
    ads_2 Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Have you managed to find another source for these links?

I'm interested because I've got my first aid 2 day refresher next week and would like to do some swatting.
    something missing
  • ads_2
    ads_2 Posts: 107 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    After asking the question in my previous post I went to have a look and found the following link to the same information. I have downloaded one of the files with no problems.

http://www.secamb.nhs.uk/audio-bank/audio-downloads/first-aid-audio-downloads-for-your-mp3-player
    something missing
  • sra
    ads wrote: »
    After asking the question in my previous post I went to have a look and found the following link to the same information. I have downloaded one of the files with no problems.

http://www.secamb.nhs.uk/audio-bank/audio-downloads/first-aid-audio-downloads-for-your-mp3-player

Excellent :)

I was actually going to do it this afternoon.
    Looks like I won't have to now :)

I've updated all the links in the top post
  • Best freebie ever!!!! First time on this website and v impressed!!!! I would never forgive myself for being unable to administer basic first aid if it were ever needed - therefore i shall be taking a wee bit of time to listen to this ambulance lassie telling me what i should be doing jus in cases... u jus never know!!!

Muchos Grazias Amigos

oh and i found the save target thing didnae work for me so i just opened and saved to downloads and been listening whilst checking out Kate Moss's new Topshop collection (multitasking!!!!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure