Claiming compensation for Hygiene failures on All Inclusive Holidays

Hi

Has any of you been contacted by a firm claiming to help you claim back thousands (more than the holiday cost!!) for your All inclusive Holiday and how the Travel Company haven't inspected the Hotel regularly enough and so it has had 'Hygiene Failures' and not up to standard

Thanks

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 October 2016 at 8:31AM
    If you weren't ill, or had a bit of a dodgy stomach with no way of proving that it was down to "hygiene failures" rather than a richer diet or more alcohol than usual, I am sceptical about their claims.
    They are the latest incarnation of speculative ambulance chasers as per car crash whiplash injuries. There may be the odd case where a confirmed diagnosis such as gastro-enteritis leads to compensation (minus their large percentage, of course.)
    But along the lines of "if it seems to good to be true,,,,," I'd take it with a pinch of salt.
    Also not forgetting that the cost of any compensation paid out will have to be recouped further down the line by way of increased costs of holidays in the future.

Edit - earlier thread, for information.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5483446&highlight=hygiene+all+inclusive
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,193 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Yep they seem to be spamming everywhere- I suppose they will find someone daft enough to go for it.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • magsu wrote: »
    Hi

Has any of you been contacted by a firm claiming to help you claim back thousands (more than the holiday cost!!) for your All inclusive Holiday and how the Travel Company haven't inspected the Hotel regularly enough and so it has had 'Hygiene Failures' and not up to standard

Thanks

Yep, got contacted by phone a couple of weeks after returning from our holiday in Spain, they knew the dates we were there, the resort and hotel, how do they get all this info? Woman said they were representing over 100 people that were ill during the time we were there, I put her nose out of joint a bit when I said we have been going to that hotel every year for the last 7 years and never had any problems, I also said I think, in a hotel with only 250 rooms you'd know if so many people were ill.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure