HD Channels on Sky

Just wondering if anyone can answer this question for me? I am thinking of Cancelling my Sky as I just can't afford it as I am only on a low income.

My outstanding balance is £83.00 and I can't pay this right now so I am going to get cut of, my bill is due on 20 September.

When my TV does get disconnected, could I still record on my Sky+HD? and will I still have access to these HD Channels?

BBC One HD
ITV HD
Channel 4 HD

Hope for a reply! :)

Comments

• If your account is suspended, I believe you will lose the Sky+ functionality, including the ability to play back your recordings, but you will definitely still be able to view all the free-to-air channels, which includes the HD channels you mention plus several others.
  • As with any cancelled Sky account, Sky+ will no longer operate as a PVR; which means that no new recordings will be possible and any old ones will no longer be accessible.

As far as HD channels are concerned, all the BBC HD channels (BBC1, 2, 3, 4 and News) Ch4HD and ITV1HD will indeed still be viewable.

You won't be able to "cancel" Sky until you pay off your outstanding balance.

You've certainly changed your tune in the last month:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66329573&postcount=17
  • gay_guy
    gay_guy Posts: 878 Forumite
    As with any cancelled Sky account, Sky+ will no longer operate as a PVR; which means that no new recordings will be possible and any old ones will no longer be accessible.

As far as HD channels are concerned, all the BBC HD channels (BBC1, 2, 3, 4 and News) Ch4HD and ITV1HD will indeed still be viewable.

You won't be able to "cancel" Sky until you pay off your outstanding balance.

You've certainly changed your tune in the last month:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=66329573&postcount=17

Excuse me, my bills have changed since then and I certainly don't have to explain myself to you so I suggest you keep your nose out!!
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    gay_guy wrote: »
    Excuse me, my bills have changed since then and I certainly don't have to explain myself to you so I suggest you keep your nose out!!

Well don't post your life on a forum.
  • You've certainly changed your tune in the last month:

Ah, this one.
    To be honest, I don't think sky is that expensive because my Sky monthly bill is £42.50 as I only got sky TV with them.
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • gay_guy
    custardy wrote: »
    Well don't post your life on a forum.

I wasn't the one bringing it up, I was only asking about if I still have access to HD Channels so get your facts right before you start.

When did I say anything about my life?????
  • gay_guy wrote: »
    Excuse me, my bills have changed since then
    On the 22nd of August 2014 you claimed that you'd only just joined Sky and were "happy with that amount".
    So why, less than a month later are you claiming that the bill has "changed" and that Sky will be cutting you off for non-payment?

When did I say anything about my life?????
    Here;
    I have just got Sky installed for Sky+HD and got a lot of content compared to rubbish You View.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 September 2014 at 9:57AM
    If you take your phone and broadband through Sky, they may also be disconnected along with the TV service.
    And you'll have to stump up an extra month in advance should you want to be reconnected at a later date.
    Disconnection does not cancel your debt or contract-you'll remain liable for the arrears and the balance still owing on the minimum term.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • penrhyn
    penrhyn Posts: 15,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No recording, no Jack Bauer, BBC/ITV, C4 and C5 HD channels only.

Bonus £30 broadband disconnection charge from BT.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
  • gay_guy
    I am with TalkTalk for phone and broadband.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure