BT Complaints & Escalation

Comments

• cyco
    cyco Posts: 4 Newbie
    There is no point as I reported a fault with our telephone line on June 21st, I was informed that this would be sorted by 26th June, that date came and nothing done. I call again and open reach again give BT a date of the 1st of July for the work to be completed, guess what ? nothing happened on the 1st of July. I have just called them and they now say that a survey will be carried out by the 3rd and I will be updated by the 4th July to plan of action.
    I have explained we are a farm with animals and because we are low lying in a valley our mobile phone reception is very poor and no signal most of the time, they say they have escalated it because of this but still they are let down by openreach.
    Back in November I was without a phone for 8 weeks, we had 7 missed dates for the repair and every time open reach told a different reason for why it was not done, they just do not care about the customer because they don't have too, if I was the managing director of BT I would be very worried about the public image of the company I represented, If I had a choice I would move my account but whats the point as BT Openreach maintains the lines for all providers so you get the same service. Rather than launching a sports TV service why the hell don't BT get there customer care issues sorted,,,, I WANT MY PHONE REPAIRED AND A GOOD LEVEL OF CUSTOMER CARE :mad:
  • billyflem
    billyflem Posts: 6 Forumite
    15 days ago recently left sky broadband to join BT with the promise I would get the same download speed as I had with Sky,low and behold instead of the 7mb speed I now get 1.5mb.
    Having spoken to several different BT departments over several days and hours hanging on the phone, i'm now told 1.5mb is the maximum speed my line can handle , in fact BT customer options department advisor KIEREN called me a liar and that the maximum speed my exchange in Ayr could handle is 2mb so it was impossible.

Having had Sky broadband for many years at 7mb sppeds and my neighbour ( who is still with sky ) getting 7mb a beg to differ.

I'm now stuck in a 18 month contract that is worthless.
    I will now take upon myself for the next 18 months to deter others from falling into the same trap,I will also email the BT CEO regarding not only the poor broadband speed but the very poor customer service who will cut you off,transfer you to another dept or will just be plain rude.

I had a bad feeling about BT when I was supposed to be connected on the 18th June and it was a day late.

I'm now counting the hours until I leave.
  • BT_company_representative
    BT_company_representative Posts: 1,861 Organisation Representative
    Hi billyflem,

I can understand your frustration given your last speed. I'll be happy to have a closer look at your account and see what we can do.

Could you send me in an email please? Just use the contact form under my forum profile.

Cheers

Craig
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of BT. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • billyflem
    billyflem Posts: 6 Forumite
    Hi Craig
    Thanks for the reply.
    I filled out a form just like that on the BT forums last night,don't want to confuse the issue or have 2 reps chasing the same complaint and wasting your time.

The BT forums say it normally takes 3 days before the mods get back to you.

Thanks again Billy
  • onthemend
    onthemend Posts: 434 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Another disgruntled BT customer

We have just moved house to find out that BT cancelled our order to make the existing BT service live in our new property and provide Broadband. We were assured that no engineer would be required and it would be a simple case.
    The day before the move, we received a TXT to say the order had been cancelled. I phoned up and was then advised the sevice had to be re-booked and would take a further 7 days. I work from home and need Broadband to carry out my job. I now have to make daily visits to a local Macdonalds to use their free service, a roundtrip of 16 miles at my expense.

Everytime I phone up at my expense ona mobile I constantly get told to check on line for progress! - I do not have broadband. This is no the first time I've had issues, 6 months ago we had exactly the same problem when moving to our previous house. . BT are a complete shower, it is impossible to find out what the problem is - totally useless
  • Credit where it's due finally got the problem sorted out a month down the line :beer: the BT rep in the BT forums was superb,
  • LL30
    LL30 Posts: 729 Forumite
    It's amazing how everyone seems to be having similar problems, when will BT start to address their appalling communication skills?

My promised call back yesterday never happened...order placed on 25th May for my house move and still nothing...Formal letter of complaint sent last Monday, cc to ombudsman and they're not bothered. Apparently my case has been 'escalated', I'm certainly not feeling the affects of that!

On top of this, I've been told my BB speed will be horrendously slow due to the exchange being several villages away. Great.

BT, I think I actually hate you....*spits dummy out like toddler*
  • Phoned BT on the 16th July and explained what the fault was. I could not get incoming calls but I was getting my broadband. The advisor on the phone asked me to take the cover off the phone and do a test. After the test he stated that I should call a private engineer as the fault was internal and not external. I contacted a private engineer who checked everything (and I do mean everything) and concluded the fault was definitely external and that it was down to BT. I phone BT and I am told by the person on the phone that the original advisor was new, and should not have given me that advice?? I am now out of pocket £90 to the private engineer! I am told that BT cannot get someone to look at my line until the 23rd. I explain that my mother is 86, seriously ill and needs to be able to contact us if she takes a bad turn. Sorry sir, the earliest we can get someone is the 23rd? .BT engineer arrives on 23rd, has a look around, and tries a few things.......then announces that the fault is external! So from the 16th onwards the fault was with BT, despite the BT advisor on the phone telling me that in was internal and then 'advising' me to get a private engineer to sort it at great expense. Informed the fault will be repaired by 1700hrs on 23rd. Now into 24th (1700) and no repair. I have been on their website and complained, on Facebook and complained can someone tell what the next course of action is? I need to be able to have a working phone line in case my mother takes a bad turn. BT are not listening!
  • On 24/07/13 at 17.30 approx an Openreach engineer appears. Goes to main socket and does a test. Can't get the phone to work, heads outside to check the main box in the street. Comes back a couple of times and then announces that the new laminate flooring which the joiner has fitted 2hrs ago (and is still fitting) has to come up!! I specifically asked the BT engineer who called on 23rd whether it was ok to lay it. I was informed by him that as he had checked under the floor and the fault was definitely outside/external it would be ok. I now have to get a joiner to lift the flooring so that he can get under. More expense and inconvenience. Thanks BT.

I was so annoyed that I went on to the number (on my mobile) listed on the My BT website to make a complaint and i have been waiting 20 minutes. I have now given up. I am angrier than ever. I have now emailed a complaint.
  • toepazz
    toepazz Posts: 131 Forumite
    EricaR wrote: »
    Hi BT Rep,

Where do I send an email to get a response?

Thanks,

Erica

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4950
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills