EH - Essex > Hebrides...the next step of the adventure?

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Phew - still roasting hot down here, even going out for a walk seems like hard work!

Few more Prolific oddments this morning - balance now £1.30 with £5.97 pending. :T

Other than that, mostly quiet. Banking all looks fine - VSP is now over £219 for the year which is pretty good. MUST do CC money shuffle in the next few days - that's got some kitchen stuff on it so will reduce the amount that is sitting in the ISA but that's planned spending. In fact thinking about it, I can do those transfers right now as I have the figures...
    ...yep, done, and the final oddments of spending from the holiday too as those were easy to track being right at the top of the statement. Brief tot-up also suggests that we'll be in credit in the joint account again this month after the rest is done (the joint account pays the "standard" card spending so things like travel and diesel then all spending that has it's own budget gets transferred from elsewhere. Car account transfer also done, while I think about it...I'm on a roll! :rotfl:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Definitely on a roll! So organised :D

I've had enough of the heat :o My heads pounding :o
  • EssexHebridean
    Definitely on a roll! So organised :D

I've had enough of the heat :o My heads pounding :o

It's boiling innit! :o:cool: Met Office reckons we're now at 29 degrees and it's still getting hotter! :eek:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • the heat would be ok if it were dry, this humidity is awful.

I was just thinking that I haven't bought a new bra in about 10 years. No wonder I'm feeling a bit saggy :o

You always inspire me with your plans, how much you get done, and all the lovely places you zip off too. Once you eventually move do you think you will be leaving the island very much, or will you be ready for the quiet life? ;)
  • EssexHebridean
    A cooler breeze in London today Misty but still quite sticky as it's overcast rather than sunny.

That's a really good question about the move - to an extent just being in somewhere that we love so much will probably make us less inclined to feel the need to travel around!

- Nothing from Prolific this morning, but a couple of small bits from OnePoll & Power of Opinions.
    - No sign of the TCB money or the Prolific payout having landed
    - £20 spend last night on a couple of new vest tops, new running leggings and a strappy top for exercise. Hoping the bras might arrive today but we'll see. No idea how fast the people I ordered from are on delivery.

Plans for the weekend - well not much at the moment. I'll swim tomorrow morning as usual, and we're off to a family party on Sunday afternoon, but beyond that, there's really not a great deal going on. It's MrEH's birthday next week so we will probably have an indian takeaway one day or the other. :D

Makes a nice change to have a quiet weekend but I still want to achieve stuff though so a bit of a list:

15 minute tidy - bedroom
    Get backlogged towels and bedding washed
    Vacuum front room and hallway
    Clean bathroom
    Meal plan for week
    Shopping list
    15 minutes looking through wardrobe to see if anything can be put away for storage (clothes that are now too big)
    15 minute tidy of front room
    SWIM!
    Walk to Al's
    Pop round and see Mum?
    Shopping (probably saturday morning)

Not impressed with the Al's S6 offers this week - almost entirely fruit and not really stuff I'd buy. Might go and grab the garlic though if it looks decent. On the other hand the mini cucumbers, spinach and sweet potato in Lil's POTW all appeal so might well head there on the way back from the pool - if they've got the Sausages that are also on offer then I'll have a look at those too - if they're good quality then I might buy.
    she/her
  • EssexHebridean
    Note after spotting a tasty looking recipe link on Greying's thread...

Best Cucumber Salad Ever (Please note I do NOT subscribe to the hipster Paleo/Clean Eating etc trends in the least, any more than I suspect Greying does - but I AM open to nice looking recipes that come from them!) :D

That might make use of the mini cucumbers from Lil's - in which case I need to track down some dill, and pop spring onions on the shopping list... this might also lead to fish going on the meal plan for early next week. :T
    she/her
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    ..... (Please note I do NOT subscribe to the hipster Paleo/Clean Eating etc trends in the least, any more than I suspect Greying does ....

Ha ha - I'm growing me beard as I type, dear heart!!!!! :rotfl::rotfl:

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £7/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £184.08/215
    Non-food household spend April £27.83/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Er, you know those close that are too big...

[whispers] charity shop...

;):D
  • EssexHebridean
    Er, you know those close that are too big...

[whispers] charity shop...

;):D

Ummm...no, not this time. If my health condition deteriorates and stops me exercising, I have to bear in mind that there is a good chance I'd put weight on again, so I'm intending to hang onto them in the top of the wardrobe for the time being in case. In fairness most of them are either passed on from other people, from charity shops in the first place, or absolutely YEARS old! :o

I know all the theories about getting rid of the too big stuff "so you're not tempted to go back to that size" but if I DO go back there it will most definitely not be through choice, so the last thing I'll want to have to do is go through the torture of clothes shopping as well! :rotfl:
    she/her
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    :rotfl: fair enough! I confess I've gone up and down through the same couple of stone that I'm always glad when I've kept a few things and annoyed when I haven't :o :rotfl: currently using hair bobbles to expand the waist of my jeans as I'm refusing to buy more but it's been months now since I've been able to do them up properly :o :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback