Parking Restrictions - single yellow line

2»

Comments

• Wig
    Wig Posts: 14,139 Forumite
    1nyro wrote: »
    YOU CAN STOP (NOT PARK) TO PICK UP OR SET DOWN PASSENGERS ON SINGLE/ DOUBLE YELLOW LINES.

I believe the same applies to loading and unloading. There is a 20 minute limit.

You can park on single yellows outside the restricted hours.

I'm not sure the 20min limit is written down anywhere in law is it? Except in bylaws where it can be upto 40 mins. Tickets can and will be issued after 5mins in some councils and it is upto you to challenge them (which I would advise doing)
  • Dr.Shoe_2
    Dr.Shoe_2 Posts: 1,028 Forumite
    You can load on a single yellow line for 20 mins. However, to use this as an appeal means that you have to have a POD from the recipient who must be located nearby or you need an invoice from same.
    [strike]-£20,000[/strike] 0!
  • Wig
    Wig Posts: 14,139 Forumite
    Not sure what you mean by POD proof of delivery?

But all you need is to prove you were un/loading and that your un/loading was over the time you did it for, and that it was necessary for you to do it over that time, and if there was a period of inactivity you need to show why that was.
  • cjcooper
    cjcooper Posts: 263 Forumite
    can i park on a single yellow on a bank holiday monday? signs clealy state saturday after 11am and sundays are ok and for the parking bays it states no fee to be paid on bank holidays. the area is around tower hill london
  • DaveF327
    DaveF327 Posts: 1,160 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    cjcooper wrote: »
    can i park on a single yellow on a bank holiday monday?
    No.
    signs clealy state saturday after 11am and sundays are ok
    but it doesn't say bank holiday mondays are.
    and for the parking bays it states no fee to be paid on bank holidays.
    That's fine for the parking bays, but you can't assume it applies to yellow lines unless the relevant yellow signs say so. I've never seen a yellow sign yet that exempts Mondays, bank holiday or otherwise.

People who make assumptions are the ones who later post on here having gotten parking tickets.
  • Keith
    Keith Posts: 2,924 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Best to check the local councils website, most will say if they enforce on BH or not. If the pay & display aren't enforced then I'd guess the SYL won't be.
  • olly300
    olly300 Posts: 14,736 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    cjcooper wrote: »
    can i park on a single yellow on a bank holiday monday? signs clealy state saturday after 11am and sundays are ok and for the parking bays it states no fee to be paid on bank holidays. the area is around tower hill london

In London you need to be very careful as different councils have different parking restrictions on public holidays and bank holidays, plus different sides of the same road could be in different boroughs.

http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/questions/bankholidays.html

Have a look at the council website making sure they cover the road you want to park in completely, but if in doubt don't park.
    I'm not cynical I'm realistic :p

(If a link I give opens pop ups I won't know I don't use windows)
  • cjcooper
    cjcooper Posts: 263 Forumite
    well i took a chance as there was loads parking on single yellows, and i was fine. lucky or not i dont know. its bloody confusing but thanks everyone for the advice
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The post is 2 years old!!!!!!!!!!
  • Imposter67
    Imposter67 Posts: 31 Forumite
    I got a parking ticket on a single yellow in Greenwich on Good Friday.

On Easter Monday, I saw dozens of cars parked in Blackheath on a single yellow.

Why is there no standard rule?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport