penpals in the forces free to send "email" letters to cheer them up

Comments

• hello, i got the list of people you pmed but can't find the number down the list, i choose one of the names but the numbers for them in the same area dont match?
    Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
  • ^!£$&
    ^!£$& Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    Vikki Louise any cahnce you can pm me the list pls emma doesnt seem to be around?? thanks
  • Fat_Boy
    Fat_Boy Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    Vikki, PM me the list and I'll see if I can clear up the BFPO number question you asked.
    FB :heartpuls Wiggly

:j Last Cigarette 24/11/06 :j
  • Ditto what Fat Boy said :T

I remember writing to a few lads back in 2003 (I got their names and addresses from The Sun back then as well.) All the lads really appreciated the letters. As for what to write...just write about anything!!!! My boyfriend's off to Iraq very soon so he'll be getting a load more e-bluey's full of rambling rubbish (he loves them ha ha!).

I saw an article the other day in The News of The World about writing to penpals in Afghanistan (single servicemen and women). Thought this seems like an appropriate thread to add the link (hope you don't mind emma_b!!!) :D

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/afghanpals.shtml email: penpals@notw.co.uk
    Letters and e-mails will be distributed among single servicemen and women. Please include your name and address to write back to.

paigesmummy - First you need to add the address of the person you're writing to before you can write an e-bluey to them.

So to add their address to your address book... click ADD ADDRESS, then from the drop down menu (on the left) click on the correct BFPO number for where they are. Click CONTINUE and then you can add the rest of their details (name, rank etc). Once you've done that, click CONTINUE to add them to your address book. Do the same if you want to add any other addresses.

Then to write an e-bluey, go to your address book and tick the box of the person you want to write to and then click 'compose e-bluey'...and hey presto you can then type them a letter.

It does time out after a while and you can lose what you've typed so I always type the letter in another program ie: Word and then just copy and paste it into the box.

You can also send pictures via e-bluey now (photo-bluey).

p.s. hope that made sense!
  • colnun
    colnun Posts: 50 Forumite
    hi could someone pm me the link please as Emma isn't online-thanks
  • emma_b_4
    emma_b_4 Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    hi guys im back! thanks for explaining i just kind of sussed it last night but wouldnt have been able to explain it so well,
    you can get the list yourself yep if you email dear diedre, as i sed in OP thats wer i got the list from , but i dont pming it around.
    ive had over 100 responses now so should cheer up some ppl

the numbers should match i put 15 in and they all matched ?

let me know if and when you get any replies as im new to this too, it isnt my list as some ppl are pming me, i dont choose penpals for you, its justa long list of ppl who have written into the sun and there will be other ways of reachin ppl too, thanks for the other links. i just thought it would be a way to get more publicity for them putting it on this board and i know what a kind bunch we are!
    (just hope im not breaching any rules)
    i have checked my account and my letters have bene printed and are now enroute to my potential new penpals!

will keep you all posted

ps i have emptied my inbox again so free for more pms its been manic!
  • emma_b_4
    out of intrest, who has written a letter ? ive written to about 10 addresses on there
  • ^!£$&
    Hey Emma
    I've written one so far and will prob send another couple! Anyone figured out how to send a photo I couldnt figure it out??
  • emma_b_4
    yey nice 1! i duno how to send pics sorry
  • ^!£$&
    figured out the photo thing have to compose mail then click attach photo!!!
    sent 2 now 2nd one was to any soldier so no idea who will actually get it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure