The Talk! Uni parents.

Comments

• OldMotherTucker
    OldMotherTucker Posts: 8,593 Forumite
    edited 1 October 2016 at 10:06AM
    Guest101 wrote: »
    Just asked as child services is an Americanism.

I just don't see the problem if we're talking about teenagers of similar ages.

The half your age + 7 rule seems fairly accurate.

I should have said Child Protection - it was all pretty intimidating! My boy was left to stew on the much wider implications that both his siblings and GF's half-sibs could be put into care:eek::eek: I do remember the 2 or 3 cop cars turning up when one would've done!!

I wasn't ever actually there when anyone 'official' spoke to him - he was an adult after all!!

There was. in fact a 5 year age gap - chronologically;)
  • ViolaLass
    ViolaLass Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    I should have said Child Protection - it was all pretty intimidating! My boy was left to stew on the much wider implications that both his siblings and GF's half-sibs could be put into care:eek::eek:

I wasn't ever actually there when anyone 'official' spoke to him - he was an adult after all!!

14 to 19? Crikey.
  • missbiggles1
    missbiggles1 Posts: 17,481 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I'm from Cornwall but coincidently this isn't the first lad in the family to have had an underage girlfriend - and one was in Lala land - rather than physical threats of revenge - they faced being sued by her family:eek::eek: And for another of the nephews - her parents booked them into a little hotel for her 16th Birthday . . they still waited a bit longer though.:T

It's been a 'thing' with our boys:eek::eek:

The joys of a rural upbringing...;)
  • missbiggles1
    missbiggles1 Posts: 17,481 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    ViolaLass wrote: »
    14 to 19? Crikey.

Or worse:eek:
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    ViolaLass wrote: »
    But if the children were legal on average (the poster earlier talked about adding their ages together and dividing by 2) and one of them was 13 then the other was 19! That's distinctly not OK.

Very true, though in some societies it's perfectly acceptable.
  • The joys of a rural upbringing...;)

Romeo and Juliet - but in the country :rotfl::rotfl:

Don't worry - even this remote, we still know people who live in the city and stuff!;)
  • Guest I think you might have lost the plot on this one, mate. I do normally like your posts, though.
  • ska_lover
    ska_lover Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Guest101 wrote: »
    Why would that be 'sleeping around'??!!

If I said the sky was blue, you would say it black. It is the reason you come on these boards to play devils advocate.

If you don't know, then answer then I cannot help you but thank god society as a whole DOES see something wrong with what you suggest is OK, and it is illegal!! Thank god not everyone is as short sighted as to allow children to play at being adults
    The opposite of what you know...is also true
  • Andypandyboy
    Andypandyboy Posts: 2,472 Forumite
    I should have said Child Protection - it was all pretty intimidating! My boy was left to stew on the much wider implications that both his siblings and GF's half-sibs could be put into care:eek::eek: I do remember the 2 or 3 cop cars turning up when one would've done!!

And what happened? Five years chronologically is a significant gap by any standard.
    Save
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    ska_lover wrote: »
    If I said the sky was blue, you would say it black. It is the reason you come on these boards to play devils advocate.

If you don't know, then answer then I cannot help you but thank god society as a whole DOES see something wrong with what you suggest is OK, and it is illegal!! Thank god not everyone is as short sighted as to allow children to play at being adults

(At night it is black..)

I'm not here to play devils advocate, I'm expressing my opinion and it's incredibly rude to dismiss it as simple being controversial.

Sleeping with someone when I'm a relationship is not sleeping around.

I don't think 'society' sees anything wrong with teenagers engaging in relationships as long as they're safe and happy. As for it being illegal, criminalising teenagers for exploring their physical relationships is just stupid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure