At what speed do you get a speeding ticket on the M25?

Comments

• Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,180
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    waamo wrote: »
    Manchester. But that's an argument that's gone on for over a decade. It will be interesting to see what the government enquiry states. I think it's due out soon.

The enquiry reported in 2015. Is there another one?
  • warehouse
    warehouse Posts: 3,362
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    The only person I know who's ever had a ticket on the M25 was speeding in a variable limit area where the signs were set to 50, he went past one of the new smart cameras, (painted yellow), at less than 60. Do not speed when under variable limits unless you know for sure where the smart cameras are.

As for the fixed cameras, well I drive around the M25 quite a lot and I've seen them go off a fair few times over the years, but I've never set one off myself and when it's clear I'll stick to 77 max.
    Pants
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Car_54 wrote: »
    The enquiry reported in 2015. Is there another one?

Sorry it's the consultation that reports soon. I shouldn't rely on memory.
  • waamo
    Forumite
    Mercdriver wrote: »
    If people want to fly to London, why would they fly to Manchester? My most frequent commutes are 200 mile commutes to Heathrow. Boris International was a non starter since too many people would have to go all around London to get to it. Personally I think both Gatwick and Heathrow need an extra runway.

Much of the traffic going into Heathrow is people catching connections. It seems mad going from Manchester to Heathrow for a flight that could go out of Manchester.

Whilst it wouldn't reduce commuter traffic it would reduce the amount of support service vehicles needed. It would also ease the pressure on Heathrow.

This is drifting way off topic though. Besides which I stop making the regular trek down there in August so the south can do what it wants after then. :rotfl:
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189
    Forumite
    Sorry it's the consultation that reports soon. I shouldn't rely on memory.
    The consultation is over the detail of the extra Heathrow runway, which was approved last October.
  • waamo
    Forumite
    AdrianC wrote: »
    The consultation is over the detail of the extra Heathrow runway, which was approved last October.

Just had a quick Google (other search engines are available). There does seem to be another one going on https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/heathrow-expansion-draft-airports-national-policy-statement

Not that it matters just I didn't think my memory was that bad lol.
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189
    Forumite
    Just had a quick Google (other search engines are available). There does seem to be another one going on https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/heathrow-expansion-draft-airports-national-policy-statement

Not that it matters just I didn't think my memory was that bad lol.
    Correct. And that consultation is over the detail of the Heathrow runway, which was approved as a concept last October.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37760187
  • DarkShadow
    DarkShadow Posts: 180 Forumite
    Airports in Heathrow, Gatwick & Manchester need an extra runway. It's no brainer.
    Bank accounts
    Santander : 17 year relationship, 0 problems to date.
  • GarthThomas
    GarthThomas Posts: 164 Forumite
    DarkShadow wrote: »
    Why are you driving above 70mph, you do realise how dangerous this could be. If you aren't think of yourself then think of others who could be impacted.

https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits clearly states 70mph for a standard car.

Can you explain how it's dangerous please? You've accidentally posted the speed limits, not a link to how dangerous speed is.

If it's dangerous to do 100mph on an empty stretch of clear motorway in the U.K., is it also dangerous to do so where it's legal in Germany?
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    DarkShadow wrote: »
    Airports in Heathrow, Gatwick & Manchester need an extra runway. It's no brainer.

Not Heathrow -- it's in a densely populated area and the flights already cause a lot of disturbance. And air pollution levels are bad enough without making them worse.

Gatwick, on the other hand, is in a more rural area, and there's the space and capacity to improve transport links.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure