PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

In my slow cooker today.... part 2

Comments

• Didnt use my slow cooker today but i'm defrosting some stewing steak, ready for a wait for it...beef stew tomorrow! Cant wait,its from the book that came with the cooker,tried loads of different recipes but this one never fails and my 3yr old daughter loves it with horseradish mash!
    Little_Miss_Bubbles
    :hello:

New and getting to grips with everything so please humour me!
    Mostly posting bits about me at the moment until i gain the confidence to post tips etc
    Keep smiling!!
  • Being a typical bloke
    I need some help on this one

I have in mine ready to cook tomorrow chicken thighs, chicken supreme sauce, potatoes and peas

What i want to know is if i do enough for two servings

1 can i freeze the extra and how would i go about reheating
    defrost and microwave or microwave from frozen

i'm always unsure what you can and cant do with chicken re freezing and re heating

Thanks
  • andygb
    andygb Posts: 14,631
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    nje24 wrote: »
    2 jars of coop tikka massalla, onion, carrots,peppers,chicken legs and red lentils

Stop cheating with the ready sauces - very naughty!;)

Buy packets of spices from the local Indian grocers, and combine with chopped onions, garlic and sunflower oil, it will turn out much better than any "ready sauce", and it will work out far cheaper.
  • thifty
    thifty Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    lentil and bacon soup ready to portion up for work now that we are finally back!
    Cross Stitch Challenge Member ?Number 2013 challenge = to complete rest of millenium sampler.
  • andygb
    andygb Posts: 14,631
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Being a typical bloke
    I need some help on this one

I have in mine ready to cook tomorrow chicken thighs, chicken supreme sauce, potatoes and peas

What i want to know is if i do enough for two servings

1 can i freeze the extra and how would i go about reheating
    defrost and microwave or microwave from frozen

i'm always unsure what you can and cant do with chicken re freezing and re heating

Thanks

If the chicken thighs were frozen, then I would not freeze them, or even reheat them again. I always go for fresh chicken (or for that matter any meat), and when I have cooked it, I put the remainder in a bowl, let it cool down, cover it with cling film, put it in the fridge and use it up over the next few days. I never reheat stuff in a microwave, I always do it on a hob, bringing it up to the boil, and then gently simmering it for at least 15 minutes if it has meat in. The last thing you want to do, is partially reheat meat.
  • Yes it was fresh chicken
  • Pauls wrote: »
    Got myself a pound of diced venison from the local farm shop (it was reduced, and I couldn't resist). Anyone have any recommendations on what to do with it ??

I had venison a few weeks ago, made with a creamy mushroom sauce. Like a stroganoff sauce. Twas lovely! You could do it in a sc, with beef stock, and add the cream for the last 10 mins.
  • made roast chicken (in the oven) today and now have the carcass in the slow cooker with some veg and water making some stock.
    its my first time making stock. Im quite excited! Do you think it will be ok, to leave in overnight on low?
    Barclays: 3900/4200
    NatWest: 2350/2800
    10% paid off as of 5/1
  • Sublime_2
    Sublime_2 Posts: 15,741 Forumite
    brownsauce wrote: »
    made roast chicken (in the oven) today and now have the carcass in the slow cooker with some veg and water making some stock.
    its my first time making stock. Im quite excited! Do you think it will be ok, to leave in overnight on low?

I have done so, and its been fine. :D
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    :o Nothing in mine since Friday. I am not worthy :o

In my defence, that's because my freezer is full of bargainous stews & soups :)
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure