PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Shirley Goode

2»

Comments

• THIRZAH
    THIRZAH Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    That is sad news. I used to enjoy her blog.Her sticky toffee pudding recipe is lovely .
  • In tonights Leicester Mercury.

GOODE Shirley Ann 6th November 2015. Passed peacefully away after a long illness, in Lancaster. Mother of Nicholas, Susan, Jane and Ruth, grandmother of Simon, Anna, James, Stevan, Sarah, Christopher, Jenny, Aaron and Brittany. Figure 8 slimming club in Leicester, Yorkshire Post column, economy cookery writer and Television personality in the 80's in Leeds, followed by a cookery Internet blog, Shirley lived in Morecombe from 2009. Thanks from all the family to Laurel Bank Nursing Home for their care. Funeral at Lancaster & Morecombe Crematorium on Friday 20th November at 2:45pm. Bare & Torrisholme Funeral Service, 5 Bare Lane, Morecombe. Te. 01524 410240.
  • Eenymeeny
    Eenymeeny Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    So sorry to hear this. Condolences to all family and friends and thanks for letting us know OP.
    Like many other posters I remember her time on Pebble Mill and still have her typewritten newsletter entitled Poundstretcher Fare... Budget Cookery designed to feed a family of four for £25 a week. I think that it cost me a stamped addressed envelope and has been one of the best bargains I ever had!
    I know that it's been discussed before but I'm sure that a new generation would still find her tips and down to earth style interesting if her programmes were reshown. RIP Shirley, and thanks for setting me on the right path as raw, skint, newly wed.
    The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.
    Thanks to everyone who contributes to this wonderful forum. I'm very grateful for the guidance and friendliness that I always receive from you.
    :A:beer:
    Please and Thank You are the magic words;)
  • Rowan9
    Rowan9 Posts: 2,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I am sorry to hear this news. I read her blog and used to enjoy hearing when Norma the Hair was due to visit. Thinking of all her family.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure