13 Projects in 2013 (cross stitch, knitting, paper crafts etc.)

Comments

• Morning all
    beautiful photos and updates. well done everyone, im sure this pants weather (i love snow:T) is helping us get more of our crafty stuff doe by forcing us to stay at home in the warm.

I Finished the Trotters (anchor kit) over the weekend.
    ive changed the writing on it to personalise it to my mum and our family, so took a photo before doing the wordy stitching. just need to get it framed now ready for mothers day.
    Ill post a photo up later.

Found a lovely little Jane Greenoff, butterfly kit in my stash its a peacock butterfly, ive stitched that on a bigger piece of adia and going to add some wording to personalise it for my little niece.
    butterfly is stitched but not the wording so its still ongoing.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    not part of my 13 in 2013 challange but I'm gonna add them as a 'spare' then if I am short I can count them lol.

batman and robin capes made. I'll never win prizes for my sowing - esp with DS1 and 2 ontop of my the whole time, taking things, trying to kill themselves with scissors etc.
    also 20mins of wondering why the threads wasn't working properly (it was the threaded wrong).
    + I can't find the pins and the fabric is shiny.

But............(and these look 200% better in the picture then in real life).

8402158936_dd8815d867_m.jpg8402159252_a45f601a6a_m.jpg
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • I think they look wicked chicky
    13 in 2013 challenge 9/13
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    but chicky you took the time to make them and im sure batman and robin wouldnt have 1/2 so much fun without them.

i think there brill, and im sure your lads apprechiate the effort you put in to them.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Ailsb
    Ailsb Posts: 967 Forumite
    Chicky - they lokk great and I bet your lads love them. What's next on the list then?
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member #59 :j
    Finished 2013 - Bug, Alessandra Adelaides "eye", Sandy Hook Square, Coffee & Cake, Turtle, Gecko, Cross for pouch, candle, stocking, snowman
    WIP 2014: A-Z Nativity, Rock, Scissor etc Mable Figworthy SAL
    Member of 13 projects in 13 Completed 9/13
    Member of 14 projects in 14 Completed 3/14
  • chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    thanks all.
    next up - buy that book i keep promising myself on how to sew:rotfl: buy more pins and HIDE THEM!!!!

still got DOH to finish but for now - off for a trek in the snow.
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • Mrs_Bones
    Mrs_Bones Posts: 15,524
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I keep finding myself lurking on this thread so I've decided to join in if I may. Love what everyone has done so far. I'll put my thinking cap on and come up with 13 projects. I'm more in to paper crafting and jewellery making than fabric crafts though I can do some sewing on the machine. Mostly make things for gifts and currently working on a bracelet for a February birthday, also need to do a necklace for someone else.
    [FONT=&quot]“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” ~ Maya Angelou[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    first of the 13 finished and second is a work in progress

the trotters (without backstitch
    th_IMG_0117_zpsbebc5386.jpg

the trotters (anchor kit) with back stitch
    th_IMG_0120_zpscea4fb19.jpg

wording adapted to fit 'my family'
    th_IMG_0122_zpsc1a41d44.jpg

peacock butterfly Jane Greenoff kit
    for my niece (just need to think what wording to add
    th_IMG_0121_zps9d6058fc.jpg
    SPC~12 ot 124

• Ailsb
    Ailsb Posts: 967 Forumite
    Mrs Bones - welcome, look forward to seeing yiur list of projects and more importantly your finished items.

Mrs MP - troters or should I say the family is lovely and you've finished so quickly. Butterfly is looking good too.
    Cross Stitch Cafe Member #59 :j
    Finished 2013 - Bug, Alessandra Adelaides "eye", Sandy Hook Square, Coffee & Cake, Turtle, Gecko, Cross for pouch, candle, stocking, snowman
    WIP 2014: A-Z Nativity, Rock, Scissor etc Mable Figworthy SAL
    Member of 13 projects in 13 Completed 9/13
    Member of 14 projects in 14 Completed 3/14
  • Maria your sewing keeper looks beautiful have you followed a pattern. your mum will love it.

zepsgal well done for making cushions love to see a picture its great when you have finished something.

got2stitch welcome Ive only just learnt to crochet and am currently doing a stripy blanket

mismatched welcome to you too Ithought the challenge of this thread would spurr me along to and i love seeing and hearing about everyones elses project

chickywiggle those capes look fantastic im sure the lads are having great fun with them

mrs bones i love paper crafting too. yet to start on my cards for this year but once i start i get really engrossed

I have been getting on with my DD blanket its nearly done
    I have to keep retriving balls of wool of the dog im sure he thinks hes a cat:rotfl:
    You can if you think you can .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport