MoneySaving Poll: What's your favourite Christmas song?

Options
124»

Comments

• RandomRainy
    Options
    Why Fairytale Of New York? Listen to the lyrics, the song is awful!

You're a bum
    You're a punk
    You're an old !!!!!! on junk
    Lying there almost dead on a drip in that bed
    You scumbag, you maggot
    You cheap lousy faggot
    Happy Christmas your !!!!!
    I pray God it's our last
  • mcculloch29
    Options
    Fairytale gets it because it's a great song. Period. Sweeping music, wonderfully sung by Kirsty with Shane's rough edge as a counterpoint.

A Spaceman Came Travelling is a super song, (Chris de Burgh) and often gets overlooked in these sort of polls.

I love the Carol of the Bells, (Ukrainian Bell Carol) a spectacular choral song, it's hard to find a good version of this on CD.
    Would have been nice to have seen something a bit folky listed like Gaudete, In Dulce Jubilo or Ring Out Solstice Bells (Jethro Tull), Silent Night in Irish, (Oiche Chuin) sung by Enya is absolutely gorgeous.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • galaxylisa
    Options
    There's one that you have missed on your list - Please Come Home For Christmas by Jon Bon Jovi.
  • Its Christmas time
    There's no need to be afraid
    at Christmas time
    we let in light and we banish shade
    and in our world of plenty
    we can spread a smile of joy
    throw your arms around the world at Christmas time
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,240 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    domone wrote: »
    Nice idea, but at least two great songs I'd like to have seen included - Greg Lake's "I Believe In Father Christmas" and The Darkness' "Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End)". Bah, humbug!

Merry Christmas, everyone!

The music for "I believe in father Christmas" was by Prokofiev from the film Lieutenant Kitzeh; the story of a fictitious Russian Soldier. The piece of music used in the ELP song was originally about this imaginary soldier going out for a drunken night out on the town, not about Christmas at all.

I agree with The Darkness choice.
    luvsnail wrote: »
    Would have liked to see Chris de Burgh's "A Spaceman Came Travelling" on that list - it's always been my favourite!

That's my favourite as well.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts