MoneySaving Poll: Parcel delivery firms: who are the best and worst?

13»

Comments

• I have been very impressed with iPost Parcels recently (Or UKMail - they are fundamentally the same company). Pricing is very competitive. They give you a time window for when a parcel is being delivered, AND when they will arrive to collect. You can actually call UK Mail to track any problems if you need to albeit they prefer email so have to say it is an amazing service. HOWEVER... Their insurance is just a quick earner. We have only had a couple of problems with parcels, but any claim on their insurance is simply ignored. They will happily admit fault and promise repayment, BUT payment will never land despite continued promises of it being repaid to your bank account in a few days time. As such, when booking just skip the insurance bit since you would be better placed spending it on insurance sold separately to actually cover any loss or damage.
  • Tropez
    Tropez Posts: 3,696 Forumite
    Yep, I ordered something on the 5th December. I was told at the time of order to expect delivery yesterday.

It was dispatched on the 8th December. Yodel had it at the local hub on the 10th. On the 11th they decided to take it on a magical mystery tour and it got taken to a different hub. And apparently right now it is back at the local hub.

Doesn't seem like they're going to bother trying to deliver it today as the last time the tracking status was updated was 01:43am.

So, Monday now, is it? Good job we don't have to plan our days around their random deliveries.. oh wait..

No idea what they're playing at. Perhaps they wouldn't have to cancel collections if they weren't taking their packages on a tour of the United Kingdom?
  • The tracking feature DPD has is awesome. You can find where your driver is on the map and it tells you how many deliveries is has to do before doing yours.
  • Yodel have been a nightmare ... they have claimed to deliver things when they have not been the address or attempted to deliver and they are the only service which has resulted in items going missing.

Royal Mail / Parcel Force are by far the best!!!! I would pay slightly more and know my parcel will arrive or at least a real attempt will be made to deliver it.
    Tony
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport