Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Dancing because...

- SFD number 3 :)
    - done 14,000 steps
    - survived work
    - saw a friend for a bit but at her house so it was free

Night all
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Feeling very pleased today, one of my items sold on ebay and after fees I have just over £30 which is totally free money as the item was given go me.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Today should be another SFD :dance: (no 2). Will save on proper dinner tonight as DH is out with a friend right after work, so I'll share the kids dinner. Didn't bring my wallet so definitely can't spend.

Might even go to the gym at lunchtime. Got a healthy smoothie for elevenses (had to search for the blender, that's how long I haven't had it out :o). Healthier eating starts now again.

Booked a ferry to Amsterdam yesterday (preallocated money) to go and see my parents in Germany just after christmas. It cost £400 but even plus petrol much cheaper than the 4 of us flying now and hiring a car. Still need to pay for accommodation nearer the time.

Still not heard anything about the mysterious £100.45 that appeared in my savings account. I'll maybe leave it till next Monday and phone the bank again.

Might pick up my fleece delivery from the postoffice tonight and get started on the hats for the kids christmas presents.

Till later
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Morning all,

Didn't manage a NSD yesterday as I had to visit a SM. My big Sunday shop wasn't big enough I forgot some key ingredients.

Good news is that today will be a NSD! Was at a networking event this morning which had a starbucks in it and I forgot my wallet, otherwise I would've bought a coffee. I survived without a coffee. No body died. I can do this!
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Pleased to annouce. SFD 4/5:j never had such a good start to the month. May need milk tomorrow, have coconut milk but don't fancy that in tea and fruit bowl is empty. Will hit tinned fruit later. Left over roast chicken dinner for tea so no cooking.:T

Joined the library today and grabbed couple of books in between dashing to the bank for work - so not sure what I have got:eek: Anyone recommend any books (not scary please).

Took the ivy root out yesterday, everytime I see ivy reminds me of Mothernerd :rotfl:

Had my Homecare renewal from B. Gas today payments increased over a pound a month, heads up for anyone who has their Utilities also through B. Gas you get a 12 pounds discount a year just need to register at britishgas.co.uk/ecd to get it. So more or less wipes out the increase:j
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Poppy3008
    Poppy3008 Posts: 95
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    NSD - still only 1/30 so far and not today
    Food - spent way more on my weekly food shop today but did get extra mince and am making two lasagna which is 2 meals for another week so will save those weeks
    New skill - yet to start my cakes, but have made a list of ingredients needed
    Lunches - alway at home so easy done
    5 a day - not a chance! Must try harder!
    Exercise - ran 5k yesterday and walking dog x 2 today
    Extra money - no sniffs on my eBay stuff so far and my extra night soft booked for next week is already cancelled but hopefully another will come in
    Travel - topped up tank with £10 but need to fill the tank,this should still last me till Monday
    Food bank - donated 4 items and spent just over £1
    Hoarding - bought extra brufen but do need to cold tablets just in case.

Feel like it was a disaster on the food but it was not really - I am sure I have enough till next week and the freezer is looking healthier. What I forgot to budget for was cat litter and cat food! The food will last till December I think now but cat litter is regular - new house has nowhere for a cat flap so needed sadly. I hate them. She will go out but only when she chooses! Cats! My mum never had a cat flap and the cats went out and in whenever someone was there to let them, never any accidents. Not sure whether to try this with her - but she hates the dog so won't come downstairs enough to know! Just sits in the stairs, sulking. It's been nearly a year with the dog. Get over it!
  • dizzyblnd
    dizzyblnd Posts: 449
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi Bob. How's pub work going? Bet ur baby is getting big now.

Well I still haven't actually completed my big monthly shop so I'm stuck in 1/15 nsd as I need silly bits everyday. Today was some chips. I didn't have any potatoes or chips in the house for dinner. I just need to find time to go shopping but with work being crazy it just hasn't happened.

Got outside again today- took LO to the park. Weather was bright but chilly.

I need to start planning for winter n get my to do list under control.
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
  • Aim for 15 NSD- 2/15
    Extra cash – make sure all overtime is paid on time, use lidl and tesco vouchers £5 Lidl voucher to use next week
    Learn something new want to some slow cooker meals I can freeze in batches and homemade soups.-
    Food budget - Try shopping at newly opened lidl for a month
    Lunch to work everyday 21/3
    Healthy eating – Up your fruit and veg and reduce sugar intakehad my flu jab and having a banana every day 31/2
    Donation - Animal sanctuary
    Exercise - 5 times a week -walk the dog 20/0
    Dare I add alcohol free days (easy to say when it's September)

Debt free date October 2017 for CC/loans and May 2023 for my mortgage
    Last edited by Planning ahead; 02-10-2016 at 1:51 PM.
    :£120,000 / £28,000 Mortgage free date May 2023
    Debt free date October 2017 for CC/loans Earliest retirement date May 2023
    :j:£12,000 / £28,000 Mortgage free date planned May 2023 Actual mortgage free date June 2030
    Retirement date planned May 2023
  • Siebrie
    Siebrie Posts: 2,887
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    NSD no... Wednesdays is my big shop day
    Exercise/outside cycled dds to school, picked youngest up after school, cycled to dentist to get duplicate invoice, as I seem to have lost the original. Cycled eldest to music class, and collected her again, dropped her off at friend's house, and picked her up again. Hung up two loads of laundry outside, mowed the lawn, and relaxed in the sunshine with my eyes closed for, oooooh, certainly three minutes :)
    Extra cash received trial size washing liquid at sm €0,20
    Fun budget bought tickets for dds and I to children's theatre show end November €15 total

Ferret victory dance because I had a busy yet fun day today!
    Are you wombling, too, in '22? € 58,96 = £ 52.09Wombling in Restrictive Times (2021) € 2.138,82 = £ 1,813.15Wombabeluba 2020! € 453,22 = £ 403.842019's wi-wa-wombles € 2.244,20 = £ 1,909.46Wombling to wealth 2018 € 972,97 = £ 879.54Still a womble 2017 #25 € 7.116,68 = £ 6,309.50Wombling Free 2016 #2 € 3.484,31 = £ 3,104.59
  • Evening everyone,

Exercise today consisted of a walk down to the mother and toddler group, onwards to the supermarket then back home again.

Whilst at the supermarket I picked up a packet of 4 tins of Heinz baked beans and donated them to their food bank.

Earlier this month I sent in my old phone for trade in and today I got an email offering me £77.25 which I accepted. I'm sure I'd have got more if I sold it privately but didn't want the hassle if people acted interested then pulled out as they often seem to do! I'm happy enough with the amount offered and it'll come in handy as my budget is looking tight this month.

My victory dance for today is I resisted buying the little one some lovely clothes from the supermarket. I may cave in though when my child benefit arrives later in the month lol.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure