www.the-legal-company.co.uk / Milton Firman - Experiences?

Options
Was looking at getting some legal help and came accross 'The Legal Company' at the top of google- a sponsored link I think.

Initially things seems ok but the more I read it it just didn't seem right.

Eventually I spoke to a man called Milton Firman who was sympathetic and helpful and after a day or so said he thought their was a good chance of me having a case.

The next communication was asking for £155 up front to have a senior barrister peruse it!

Anyone any good or bad experiences of this company or Milton Firman?
PLAY GOOD!

trolls and abusers will simply be added to my ignore list - you can do it too! its under USER CP

forums.moneysavingexpert.com/profile.php?do=IGNORElist

Comments

• jtsuper
    Options
    It's almost a year now since the judgement on that little 5 inch vase.

It cost me........ everything.

Family - torn .health - awaiting an operation for hemorrhaging daily for a year .career - at times too ill.home of 25 years - on right move - reduced by £21,000 for a quick sale I will then live in a camper as I have nothing of value left and no money .

Almost a year on

Friends advise me to go bankrupt - but all my bills are up to date bar this impossible litigation bill £78.000 her legal aid bill and my own defence £25,000 as I had an asset in my home and did not qualify for legal aid.

Most sadly of all.........................my appeal solicitor turned out to be a hoax! - Milton Firman - The Legal Company - Manchester.- he took £50 a week off me - which I could ill afford - for "expenses" and made a lot of empty promises,about "trying to find a barrister" willing to take on the appeal.he changed addresses 3 times in the 9 months of dealing with him.,he never replied to the oppositions letters ,then in May .when he accompanied me to the Rhyl Court for the charge to be put on my mortgage ( and also a daily "compound interest since" November 2011 !!!!) he acted as a ....."Mckenzie friend" ?? after appro 800 emails chasing the appeal with him and pleading with him to fill out the pro bono forms ,I have stopped paying him.I am not sure if there is one? /was ever one? he has a lot of my my personal property relating to the case and I am about to report him to the Police so I can help prevent him taking advantage of anyone else.

Is there anything else I should do?

I went to Citizens Advice and they said they could not help - only when I am ready to go bankrupt - it costs £600 !! and then they can then help me fill out the forms!they gave me a leaflet on rogue traders.

My local MP was sympathetic but unhelpful - suggested more legal advise but I have no more money!

Legal aid - closed the file on Mrs Galloway in May and are sorry that they forgot to inform me!! How could this litigatious person who admitted on the stand of being asset rich have qualified just because she is a pensioner?

Granny and Steve the father of my children live only 3 miles from my home and drive by several times a day in their new cars , they have holidayed extensively with my youngest child Phoebe(on her GCSE year and needing a secure home .lives with them - Sophie,moved into a permanent setting with her boyfriend boxing day and bought a set of collectors plates on her Birthday in February with money off Granny (we have not spoke since then) my son Oli a Doctor is still furious I have lost him his inheritance - our home and refuses to have anything to do with me.

It is so very sad that they would not consider putting the money into trust for them as I had pleaded at the very beginning.

I have no idea what the future holds at all.

I really hope the cottage would sell so that I can begin again.

I just thought I would keep you posted and see if you where able to highlight the sale/Milton Firman?

With my Thanks and Best Wishes,
  • Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    According to this website Milton Firman 'holds two current appointments, has resigned from eight companies and held appointments at twenty seven dissolved companies.'

http://companycheck.co.uk/director/910091387#anchor-resigned-06846712

Additionally this PDF says that Milton Firman was struck off the Roll of Solicitors in 2006.

http://www.solicitorstribunal.org.uk/Content/documents/9283-2005%20-%20Firman.pdf
  • keyser666
    keyser666 Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    Based on Coopdivi posted I would be going to the police with this.
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Options
    I like the vase story, no idea what it was about but this Milton dude, a vase and a cottage was involved. Great literature.
  • Mancunian
    Mancunian Posts: 963 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Looks like he referred to himself as 'Mckenzie friend' cos he is struck off and couldn't say he was a solicitor?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McKenzie_friend
    PLAY GOOD!

trolls and abusers will simply be added to my ignore list - you can do it too! its under USER CP

• Mancunian
    Options
    Anyone else had any dealings?

Looks like a clever scam, especially because it involves vulnerable and desperate people :(
    PLAY GOOD!

• Durbz
    Durbz Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    HI, I have spoken to the-legal-company today seeking advice on a matter and The person I spoke to referred to himself as Steven Hilton.

Should I avoid this company entirely?
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Durbz wrote: »
    HI, I have spoken to the-legal-company today seeking advice on a matter and The person I spoke to referred to himself as Steven Hilton.

Should I avoid this company entirely?

What did you discover from reading the posts above yours?

Did you sort of perhaps pick up any vibes that maybe this firm wasn't the best place to spend your money?

Whether you avoid the company or not is entirely up to you.
  • nickie1234
    Options
    i am currently trying too get as much feedback as possible on this milton, i am trying to bring him down and put a stop to everything he has done! me and my family have been a victim too what he is like i only wish we had researched him before he took money from us!
    any feedback that anyone has on him please get in touch through private mail or reply too this please
    thank you
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure