Walk 1000 miles

Comments

• Biollante21
    Biollante21 Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Hit 401 miles over the weekend on a walk through Haigh Hall and along the Leeds/Liverpool canal
    Very happy with my progress up to now

@Mally
    I had Plantar and since investing in some Superfeet insoles it has mostly cleared off
    Best £40 i have spent
    You can get "off the peg" ones and for an extra £20 custom fit ones
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,611 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Thanks - I have heat moulded Footbalance ones but it might be a sign that they have reached end of life and need replacing.
    I will take a look at superfeet
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • MallyGirl
    I finished week 19 on 427 miles against a plan of 384 so I am still ahead. Steps averaged over the week was 11,000 now that I have my dogs back :)
    Eye post op check was good - all signed off now. I was struggling with the recurrence of Plantar Fasciitis but it is not as bad this week. I am trying a Superfeet insole but I am not convinced - I don't think the arch support is in quite the right place. I will give it a bit more time. It is hot enough for sandals today though so Mephistos all the way.
    OH bought me some Beats wireless headphones for running with so I am guessing that is a sign that he is going to let me out of the cotton wool :)
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    I've had a week away in Wales, did 42 miles, not a lot, but some of it was hilly terrain. My total to date is 557.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • Ilona
    How are ya doing Mally?

I finished May on 570 miles, Pleased with that. My Walking Group blog readers are checking in with their mileage, they are very enthusiastic about this, and they say they are much fitter since they started. Got to be good news.
    Ilona
    I love skip diving.
  • MallyGirl
    I finished May on 439 after a full week earning zero miles. I was camping, mountain biking, gardening, etc but no boots on miles to record. Plantar Fasciitis is still a problem - I might have to take DH up on alternating the morning dog walks till it is fixed :(
    I am going to try and sort a physio appointment to get some help.

Still on plan though so not all bad :)
  • MallyGirl
    I finished week 23 on 455 miles against a plan of 441 so I am still just ahead. Steps averaged over the week was only just over 8,000 though - still struggling with the recurrence of Plantar Fasciitis :(
    I saw a physio on Friday and have some exercises and stretches to do. I did manage 17,000 steps yesterday and was still able to walk the dogs this morning so it is not as bad as at its worst.
  • Ilona
    Looking good Mally.

I finished June on 613 miles. I missed a few days walking, too hot, and lots of rain, and I had other things to do. Garden growing like mad need to keep on top of it all. I opened for the Open Gardens so had to get it ready for that. I get lost in my art work, need to allocate time for that. Hope to get a walking holiday in soon.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
  • MallyGirl
    Good effort Ilona

I am still going despite the never ending PF. Last week had a lot of work travel so dogs were in kennels but I finished on 501 miles at the end of June so still on target. I have eaten away all my buffer now so must keep at it.

I love my garden but would never be able to Open it as the dogs do quite a lot of random damage.
  • Ilona
    MallyGirl wrote: »
    Good effort Ilona

I am still going despite the never ending PF. Last week had a lot of work travel so dogs were in kennels but I finished on 501 miles at the end of June so still on target. I have eaten away all my buffer now so must keep at it.

I love my garden but would never be able to Open it as the dogs do quite a lot of random damage.

I think half way through the year is the time when you think is it worth it. It's like a new year resolution that you start meaning well, then sometime later the spirit starts flagging. I feel guilty if I haven't been out, after evening dinner I think shall I bother, then all of a sudden I jump up and say for goodness sake just do it. It's the getting up out of the chair that's the hardest. Once I am out I am enjoying it.

I used to have a dog and poo picked every day, The lawn is still not fully recovered from all the peeing on it. Ha ha.

You are still on target, but no wriggle room, three miles a day should keep you on track. Keep at it.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills