IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking eye judgment

Comments

• Lazos
    Lazos Posts: 93 Forumite
    Just read this whole thread.

So glad for this forum, the level of respect everyone has for eachother the willingness to help is just outstanding!

I am extremely excited to see the results of this for two reasons:
    1) Justice!
    2) A pat on the back for the forum regulars who have put themselves out in this instance.

You go girls...
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,636
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Girl Power!

Actually lainieee has expert help from a certain chap on here as well now, so we are doing our best for her.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Chewing some popcorn on this one! :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • ampersand wrote: »
    Hadn't known of this one. Thanks for bringing it into my orbit.
    I don't actively 'do' f/b, had never heard of The Range, but now know I wouldn't touch one with a bargepole.
    Made an exception, went to f/b and see loads of current complaints re:shoddy merchandise and CS - a good fit with arkingpie.

I was another who refused to have anything to do with facebook due to the fact that I'm not 15 years old. However. since the Aldi facebook thread I check both it and the Range page daily. Aldi is one thing but I'm shocked at how bad the Range seems to be. Shoddy items and less than zero customer service. If there's one in Bristol I won't be going there.
  • lainieee
    lainieee Posts: 31 Forumite
    Hi everyone, just an update so far..

Well yesterday 21st January I had the hearing to have the judgement set aside. Judge agreed to set it aside & granted all but one of the ten directions my representative put forward.. :)
    So stage one completed & a massive thanks to my representative from peppipoo \o/ yay :) my representative also gave me advice on a few other issues I need to deal with. Im so very grateful for the help & advice given to me not only from my representative but also everyone here & elsewhere who have been working behind the scenes so to speak. Thankyou & well done :)

Didnt realise how much today had affected me until I passed out after getting home from the dentist at 4pm. Exhausted, aching everywhere but especially painful legs. I was woken around 6.30..& still felt urrghh.

I've not been around on here due to my father being rushed in to hospital early in December, he had become seriously ill with pneumonia & emphysema, thankfully he has been making a very slow recovey. My laptop has also stopped working & so can only connect via my phone which is also having fits with charging& holding a charge & randomly restarting. New phone needed methinks lol..the laptop I can fix tho :)

So, just because im not around alot it doesn't mean nothing is happening...quite the reverse :)

TTFN
    Lorraine xx
  • Keep your spirits and the fight up.
    You've been mentioned a few times on here recently.
    Thanks for the update.
    :beer:
  • Good to hear from You !

PE have their tales between their legs!
    Proud to be a member of the Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Gang.:D:T
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Good news and well done you, and the people helping you fight these parasites!
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    esmerobbo wrote: »
    Good news and well done you, and the people helping you fight these parasites!

This from PPP just sums up why PE are hated so much by so many people. The OP decided to settle for mediation after PE threatened to take his 71 year old mother to court:-

The negotiation started at £160 but in the end we settled on £60 plus their £15 issue fee making it a total of £75.

I had no choice but to reach an agreement because it's my 71 year old mum that would have gone to court and not me. I'm surprised they have taken the matter this far and it wouldn't have been fair to put her through that ordeal.

This business of taking people to small claims court over a £60 parking ticket is pathetic. I'm surprised they can even justify the legal expense. Since when did lawyers/solicitors start working for peanuts?

I have learnt my lesson and if this ever happens again, I will be notably more thorough and aggressive in my defence from the very beginning. I just hadn't anticipated that any company in their right mind would be pathetic enough to take a retired elderly lady to court over a £60 parking ticket.

What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Lazos
    Lazos Posts: 93 Forumite
    edited 11 February 2014 at 1:50PM
    Sorry, just to clarify Tris...This isn't Lainiee, I hope?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure