PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• Georgiegirl256
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your husband Sue14 :(

We lost my Dad coming up two years ago now, and its little things like that (like you mention above) that my Mam still finds hard.

In my Dad's last week, we used a local charity Hospice at Home, and that is now my favourite charity, and shop to visit.

Talking of which, I was in there today and got a Topshop Military jacket (yes another Khaki jacket lol!) for about £4.50, a burnt orange velvet jacket by Braemar for £2.50, a turquoise velvet evening frame evening bag by Suki & Rose Originals for £2.00, a beige with white polka dot fold out deck chair kind of holder (got it for remotes but husband didn't like it, so will use it in the bathroom) for 80p and two Hospice loom bracelets (someone had made them for the charity) for £1.00.

From AgeUk, a grey vest top for lounging in for a pound and a bright red blazer also £1.
  • amistupid
    amistupid Posts: 55,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I get a lot of pre-loved toys from charity shops for my 2 year old grandson. Most are like brand new. The best buys was a battery operated Thomas the tank engine train for 50p (sells new for £17) and a fisher price fire engine and fire station for £10 when a new one cost over £80.
    In memory of Chris Hyde #867
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry for your loss Sue14.
    We have an Age Concern warehouse here which is huge. I go and have a browse every month or so. Today I got an electric steamer on the £1 clearance table. All the bits had been fasten together with parcel tape so they didn't get lost and someone had tried (and failed!) to strip it off and it looked a right sorry mess. I had some sticker remover solution left from when I got new windows which got it off eventually. It looks great now.
    I also got a proper fancy pants DeLongi coffee maker for £8. All electrical a are PAT tested and have a one month money back guarantee. It works perfectly and I'm just running some vinegar and bicard through it in case there's any bugs lurking in the chamber then I'm going to christen it :)
    PP x
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Again sorry to hear about your DH, Sue14. Perhaps when you're ready the same chazzer might benefit from a donation of goods that need a new home? It's always good to support a good cause, and you know from personal experience what a difference a hospice make.
    amistupid wrote: »
    I get a lot of pre-loved toys from charity shops for my 2 year old grandson. Most are like brand new. The best buys was a battery operated Thomas the tank engine train for 50p (sells new for £17) and a fisher price fire engine and fire station for £10 when a new one cost over £80.
    I have secured countless toys for our LO from chazzers and a couple from Freecycle. Grandad does his bit by whipping out his favourite household gadget - the steam cleaner - and getting them all brand new looking and hygienically clean, as he demonstrated to me this morning. I've never seen him clean the floor with it, though :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Georgiegirl256
    Options
    Not a charity shop, but a carboot. Got a brown faux suede with fur trim gilet for £2, looks as new and was actually what I had in mind before going! I really wanted one, and this one is so cosy with a fur lining!
  • Lucy5781
    Lucy5781 Posts: 745 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    £2.50 minecraft T-shirt for DsS, an Apricot label top (sold in Dorothy Perkins) and a lovely long waterfall cardigan from TU for me, both £3.00 all from BHF.

Even better the top was a size 12 and fits me...
    Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Jan 2012: £16,000+ :eek: [STRIKE] Credit Card & Overdraft Debts Sep 2013: £13,023 [/STRIKE]
    DRO Completed: 30/09/2014 :T
    30/09/19 - Details now dropped off debt register. :o

My Diary - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4202761
  • bobsa1
    bobsa1 Posts: 1,947 Forumite
    Options
    A quick charity shop bargain for me today . I had 10 mins to spare so popped into the local cs. I got a like new pair of shoe tailor flat leather boots for £2. They are wide fitting and have a stretchy bit so hopefully will fit my elephant like calves
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,906 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Didn't find a thing last week....done a bit better this week :)

M & S white, elbow length sleeved T shirt in white £1

Boden, BNWT, cream jersey smocky pyjama top, to wear with jim jam bottoms found a couple of weeks ago £1

Pack of 7 pairs of knee high's in natural shade 50p

Next, tapered leg trousers in black multi pattern £2
  • KitKatMum2
    Options
    I just mentioned this on another thread but I got my toddler daughter a lovely dress yesterday. Peachy colour with sequins and very 'princessy'. It's only from Peacocks, so probably didn't cost a lot in the first place, but I'm pleased with it. It was £2.59 in Barnados. I hate spending money on party or 'occasion' dresses for kids, they only get worn a few times, usually for a few hours and they tend to be expensive brand new.
  • Mrs_VP
    Mrs_VP Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Currently on a coastal holiday and have picked up a lovely
    Dotty P black jacket. It's fleece lined and very cosy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure