Is TSB about to become the next bank to slash savings rates?

Comments

• Eco_Miser
    Eco_Miser Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    harz99 wrote: »
    No need to help with their decision to reduce, no need to provide the statistics to back it up when they announce a reduction in interest as being acceptable in the current climate.
    But by not completing the form, you still provide them with statistics.
    "95% of those asked indicated they were not interested in what rate we offer, by not responding."
    Eco Miser
    Saving money for well over half a century
  • djpailo
    djpailo Posts: 550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Eco_Miser wrote: »
    But by not completing the form, you still provide them with statistics.
    "95% of those asked indicated they were not interested in what rate we offer, by not responding."

No. It should read, 95% of people asked did not respond. You can then give speculative reasons why but the only factual statistic is that 95% did not respond. The will probably put it in a report like this:

"Of the people that responded to the survey...".
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,205 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    It's a small world. Me too. :)

Whereabouts YB?

We're on a very windy island in the Cyclades (Andros):hello::hello::hello::hello:
  • We had a meeting with TSB yesterday to open some additional joint accounts and we did ask about the 5% accounts and she said nothing had been communicated to the branches yet, but she did also say that they only find out a week before any changes are made. I guess our interest is safe for 1 more week atleast!
  • Ed-1
    Ed-1 Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    We had a meeting with TSB yesterday to open some additional joint accounts and we did ask about the 5% accounts and she said nothing had been communicated to the branches yet, but she did also say that they only find out a week before any changes are made. I guess our interest is safe for 1 more week atleast!

Add 2 months on to that as well as they need to give 2 months notice of a change to existing account holders.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    badger09 wrote: »
    Whereabouts YB?

We're on a very windy island in the Cyclades (Andros):hello::hello::hello::hello:
    We're south of you and making our way to Crete for a few days. And yes it's very windy!

Time to spend some now rates are plummeting. :)
  • We had a meeting with TSB yesterday to open some additional joint accounts and we did ask about the 5% accounts and she said nothing had been communicated to the branches yet, but she did also say that they only find out a week before any changes are made. I guess our interest is safe for 1 more week atleast!

It's also illegal for them to communicate any changes before the launch date.
    DEBT FREE!

Debt free by Xmas 2014: £3555.67/£4805.67 (73.99%)
    Debt free by Xmas 2015: £1250/£1250 (100.00%)
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    We had a meeting with TSB yesterday to open some additional joint accounts

How many joint accounts are you allowed to open? I was under the impression that only one would be allowed.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    The 5% offered by the TSB is really a marketing ploy. The ceiling of £2000 means it is effectively more like a reward but keeps the Plus account at the top of the 'best current account' league. IMO they would be unwise to make any hasty changes.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    badger09 wrote: »
    That is exactly what some of us are doing:)

I'm writing this in the quiet time between returning from the beach, and showering before a pre dinner drink on the balcony overlooking sunset on the Aegean:beer:

However, not everyone on here can afford to take this approach:(

You were supposed to blow your cash in the UK, not in that nasty EU :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family