E.ON Fixed 1 Year £75 Reward

Comments

• I had all this a year ago but EON came up with V19 to save the day, if there is nothing new and suitable before mid January, bye bye EON.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Sgib wrote: »
    Hi Malc

I've received a renewal email titled "it's time to choose a new tariff" my v19 tariff ends on the 25th of Jan. No mention of this offer though?

Thanks for replying Sgib. If you're eligible for the Fixed 1 Year Reward tariffs you'll be receiving an email before next weekend (17/18 December 16). This is specific to this tariff and will have a link where you can access details of the tariff and switch to it if you wish.

These tariffs won't be mentioned in the email you've just received as this is a reminder only of the approaching end of your current deal.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • I must say that I feel sorry for the front-line team that are going to have to explain these new exclusive, select and more customized tariffs to consumers. Most people are discontent with energy firms and to explain that they don't qualify for an offer or tariff isn't going to be an easy conversation . While I understand the pro's of offering tariffs more customized to consumers and that one doesn't fit all, I can only hope the energy firm I work for won't consider something like this in the future.

Fingers crossed, in 2017 we can look forward to easy, straight forward and competitively priced tariffs and not bundled, incentivezed or complex tariffs that make it harder to compare with other providers like for like.

Out of curiosity, Malc, the TCR does this reflect the value of the incentive vouchers, like it would include a paperless or dual fuel discount?
    Thank you all for helping me make my day by saving money!
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Hello SammenForLivet2.

No, the Reward values of £75 and £100 aren't included in the Tariff Comparison Rate (TCR). The TCR is made up of a calculation involving the average consumption, the daily standing charge, the unit rate and any discounts or payment adjustments that might be received.

Hope this helps.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post

Fingers crossed, in 2017 we can look forward to easy, straight forward and competitively priced tariffs and not bundled, incentivezed or complex tariffs that make it harder to compare with other providers like for like.

I fear not. Ofgem has binned its simple and fairer tariffs policy following its public beating by the Competition and Markets Authority. The CMA believes that competition in any form is good for prices. Suppliers now have the freedom to target specific groups of new customers whilst banning existing customers from these offers. Whether this is a good thing for customers is another matter. MSE CEC is already offering an exclusive Flow Energy tariff not available to other comparison sites or existing customers.
  • Jimbouk
    Jimbouk Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Hi all
    Following this forum as we are currently on On E.ON Energy Fixed 1 Year v19 due to expire on 17th Feb.
    Our duel fuel bill is due to rise by a whopping £250 if we stay with Eon and have also just ad the £100 reward email.
    Looks like its comparison site time for me too.
  • Hollydale
    Hollydale Posts: 5 Forumite
    edited 4 January 2017 at 4:02PM
    I am currently coming to the end of the V19 (7-2). Been offered both the V21 and the £75 award. And yes they are more expensive by £12 per month to what I am currently paying. However when I do price comparrison on uSwitch and ComparetheMarket all other fixed rate product projections are more expensive for me based on my years usage.

So I save money by staying. The interesting thing is uSwitch's price projection for Eon is actually more that Eon are offering me??????

Which seems to go against most of the posts here
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    edited 4 January 2017 at 4:35PM
    Are you entering your actual kWh usage, or your monthly spend? Only the former gives accurate results.

PS: I note that E.ON customers on an outgoing Collective tariff have also been excluded from these new tariffs. No skin off my nose, I'm off to Iresa anyway.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    macman wrote: »
    PS: I note that E.ON customers on an outgoing Collective tariff have also been excluded from these new tariffs. No skin off my nose, I'm off to Iresa anyway.
    Ditto, they obviously don't want me anymore ;)
  • macman wrote: »
    Are you entering your actual kWh usage, or your monthly spend? Only the former gives accurate results.

Did it both ways with same result. Used monthly spend they re did with annual usage. Both times cost me more to switch!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure