£63 because it is £50 after the 20%

VAT on £50 is £10 so £60.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • pk04
    pk04 Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good morning
    Does anyone know how much fishcakes are in m&s? There's £1 off on sparks card I have a feeling they are often on offer 2 for £3 but I dont suppose that will be on at the same time.
    It just let me use the dress offer twice......but not a third time :D

I am going to try and get one of these today dh mate said it's good and a cracking offer
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/samsung-galaxy-tab-e-96-tablet-8gb-wi-fi-only-white/724-8614.prd?skuId=724-8614
    It's out of stock on line but my nearest store has stock.
    I've got £10.50 in club card vouchers and I think for the first time in years I'm going to use them in store. I just wish I had a conditional spend coupon too but hey ho!

I can't bear this pad any longer I have to edit every post and I send some outrageous messages. I can't remember what it was now but I once messaged BQ and had to apologise quickly once she pointed out my error......that will bug me now u til I remember what it was.

I've never seen the fishcakes not on the 2 for £3 offer but I think the t&c's say it's 1 x £1 off per transaction - still, 2 for £2 isn't bad
    There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne ... Bette Davis
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Off out for cafe rouge 241 breakfast with DD :D

sounds good

http://www.caferouge.com/offers

Its a pity the £9.95 bundle is not included, from the website I cant see how much the standard breakfast is.

I've got Bella Italia gift vouchers which I think are also valid in Caf! rouge
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Nannylala
    Nannylala Posts: 6,791 Forumite
    Options
    MKS wrote: »
    Just catching up.
    ;);)IDH%202017.jpg

They were quite good. We got ours just before we left and I am glad that we did as the bags were heavy.
    Good morning Elite Ladies hope you are not all too tired today after your IDH meet ..did you get the famous cupcakes from PD ?..I thought you got a brandy bottle in the pic MKS until I enlarged the pic ;)..
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 24 November 2016 at 11:29AM
    Options
    VAT on £50 is £10 so £60.

Yes but an instore price of £60 including VAT of 20% works out at £12 VAT, £48 item

I said to QCo, we do not normally shop in stores 'plus VAT', we shop with VAT already included in the item.

They have now replied and said I must wait till the order goes confirmed, then they'll see...

This morning's £5 spend has tracked as a spend of £4.17. No rhyme or reason...

I need an accountant.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Is anyone else not getting emails through for Argos reservations? It doesn't matter as such, I have the text, but just seems strange. And I have checked my blocked senders list. And I get the "how did we do" emails afterwards.
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Yes but an instore price of £60 including VAT of 20% works out at £12 VAT, £48 item

I said to QCo, we do not normally shop in stores 'plus VAT', we shop with VAT already included in the item.

They have now replied and said I must wait till the order goes confirmed, then they'll see...

I need an accountant.

Then they are getting it wrong.

VAT on £48 is £9.60!

I type the invoices for our business, VAT is 20%, therefore to get £50 before VAT it has to be minimum of £60. If they are telling you otherwise then you need to complain.
  • pk04
    pk04 Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

I need an accountant.

It's tracked that way because £5 less VAT is £4.17

If you have the total spend and want to work out the VAT - just divide it by 6. If you then want to work out the net times the VAT by 5

The VAT on a £60 paid item is £10, (the way you are working it is if the net is £60, that VAT is £12 and you would pay £72 to the shop)

(from an accountant :D)
    There comes a time in every woman's life when the only thing that helps is a glass of champagne ... Bette Davis
  • Serendipitious
    Options
    Then they are getting it wrong.

VAT on £48 is £9.60!

I type the invoices for our business, VAT is 20%, therefore to get £50 before VAT it has to be minimum of £60. If they are telling you otherwise then you need to complain.

Thank you. x
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,960 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes.

On holidaY in a totally different time zone at the moment, so not attempting to catch up!
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure