Add your feedback on energy supplier Green Star Energy

Comments

• lisa110rry
    lisa110rry Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Has anyone had a resolution to the problems mentioned above? I've just signed up on the website for "My Green Energy" or whatever they call it and that seemed to go well.

I really hope they get it sorted, I'm beginning to feel like Jonah...
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
    In other words, Don't Panic!
  • No updates so far :mad: ; I have posted on their facebook page, as suggested above.
  • I phoned this morning with a view to switching to the new collective tariff (3 year fix).
    Took me 8 minutes to speak to a human but she seemed very knowledgeable.
  • Listen Up.
    Whilst it is great to see Green Energy can save us £xxx. per annum. for Electricity
    Why can we not see the tariffs. EG.
    1. Daytime unit charge per unit
    2. Night time (off peak) charge per unit
    3. Daily service Charge
    4. Warm front Discount allowed
    5. The actual time that Economy 7 tariff in in force.
    If this important information is not completely apparent, then I have a tendency to think
    that some concealed trickery is involved :(
  • lisa110rry
    I seem to remember reading that they do not belong to the Warm Front initiative...
    “And all shall be well. And all shall be well. And all manner of things shall be exceeding well.”
    ― Julian of Norwich
  • lisa110rry
    Well, today is our switch day from Extra Energy to Green Star, I do hope we have fewer problems with this supplier. I've recorded our readings on both EE's and Green Star's website and have done my final spreadsheet calculations and I discover that if EE had not increased our DD twice (once in breach of contract according to Citizens' Advice) we would be within a fiver of exactly dead even with payments and usage. Instead, I wonder how long I will wait for a final bill from EE and repayment of our overpayment...
    ― Julian of Norwich
  • Posting on their FB page did make things faster, but not helpful.

They got back with a lot of technical jargon explaining that I will have to fork out £85.00 to get it done. The reasons were lame and didn't make any sense. So I got in touch with National Grid, forwarding the email, requesting some guidance.

After going through the case, they straight away agreed to replace the meter, and arranged everything to be sorted within two working days.

Well done National Grid; donno what to say about Green Star .. !
  • I signed up to Green Star Energy MSE Rate Saver 36 Month Fixed 1509 Paperless via the Cheap Energy Club. The switch is still in progress, but I've had the registration email and completed that, so I now have an account number. However, I have noticed that the standing charge quoted in the Cheap Energy Club is different to what Green Star is now saying on my new account. And by some degree. MSE quoted a gas standing charge of 21.294p and electricity of 24.370. Green Star is saying 30.61p for gas and 33.68 for electricity.i'll be in touch with Green Star first thing (hopefully) but just wanted to get people to check their rates - just in case.
  • I switched to them some 12 months ago and have been happy with them. The electricity and gas flow and I pay my bill. Simples!
    However, I now find that trying to get hold of them is pretty difficult. Telephone answering can take 20 minutes and emails aren't dealt with for 2 weeks.
    They have a silly policy that says that their computer cannot handle a part 'credit balance' refund while a DD is in the process of being taken - no matter how much in credit you are already, perhaps hundreds or, even, thousands of pounds - 'the computer says no'! Who'd have thought that anyone would use an excuse like that these days.
    It's disappointing. I thought I'd found an inexpensive and well run company. But, it looks as if I was mistaken.
  • Well, spoke to someone at Green Star and they confirmed that the standing charge they quote is correct, so that 30.61p for gas and 33.68 for electricity. They had no idea how/why MSE would quote 21.294 and 24.370 respectively, yet these figures are still shown on the cheap energy club site. Any ideas anyone? If Green Star is correct, I don't want the switch to continue as the charges are 40% higher than I was quoted!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback