Small Steps Out Of Massive Debt!

Comments

• Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Well done on the money gain. Not long until your holiday now :D
  • JoJoC
    JoJoC Posts: 1,836 Forumite
    Well done on your win! What a lovely way to end the working week :)

I'm also disappointed in the election results, but for different reasons.
    CC1: £4481.14/ £5031.14 (12% paid off, £600) | CC2:£3307/ £3807 (14.4% paid off, £550) | Loan: £10,528.20/ £15,792.30((33% paid off, £5,264))

July debt total: £24,630.44 | New debt total: £18,316.34 | Total debt paid: £6,414.10 (26%)
    *My debt busting and savings diary*
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Yay to your win GC :T xx
    Mummytogirls x

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,359 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Georgiana have you tried ZipVit for supplements? They're very good, you can go through TCB too - and they often have free postage/10% off deals - I only ever buy when I get one of those through. Everything you spend goes top earn you loyalty points too which you can then use for further savings on subsequent orders. If you haven't used them before and want to I can let you have a referral link if you'd like. :)

Agree with you on a hung parliament being the "worst of all worlds" - to be honest the stability of things staying as they were would have been far preferable at this point I would think. Hey ho - 'tis done and as usual there's nothing we can do about it!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Naomim
    Naomim Posts: 3,117 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hey GC,

I hope you're having a lovely time. I've just caught up. I love the idea of focusing on the 1% maybe this is something I need to employ. A spreadsheet I can colour in :)

Naomi
    Credit Cards NOV 2019 £33,220.42 Sept 2023 £19,951.00 Tilly Tidy 20223/COLOR] Sept £43.71 Here's my diary: A Ditherer's Diary Again
  • Georgiana have you tried ZipVit for supplements? They're very good, you can go through TCB too - and they often have free postage/10% off deals - I only ever buy when I get one of those through. Everything you spend goes top earn you loyalty points too which you can then use for further savings on subsequent orders. If you haven't used them before and want to I can let you have a referral link if you'd like. :)

Agree with you on a hung parliament being the "worst of all worlds" - to be honest the stability of things staying as they were would have been far preferable at this point I would think. Hey ho - 'tis done and as usual there's nothing we can do about it!

I haven't tried ZipVit before, I will check them out - thank you for the recommendation! Yes please, a referral link would be great :)
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,359 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 14 June 2017 at 11:19AM
    I'll find it and DM you!

*edit* Apparently you can't get DM's - not entirely sure I'm allowed to post referral details into the thread but I'm sure someone will remove them if not...!

Referral Codes and URL

Your Referral URL

https://www.zipvit.co.uk/rewardsref/index/refer/refcode/zv108191622/
    Referrals that access this URL are connected as referrals once they signup or place an order.
    Your Referral Code

zv108191622

Referrals should enter the code at checkout or signup.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Thanks so much! I will use that next time I'm ordering vitamins :)
  • I'm back from holiday but seems like you all had a heatwave here too! It's a bit harder to deal with the heat in my stuffy flat than it was poolside in Morocco but never mind :) It turned out to be our cheapest holiday so far.
    Our hotel deal included breakfast and there was so much food on offer that we weren't really hungry again until mid afternoon, there were lots of restaurants near our hotel that were cheaply priced and we had a couple of trips to the supermarket to stock up on bottled water, juice, crisps and cereal bars which really helped with bringing down the cost of snacks etc during the day.

Our one extravagant spend was a day at a very posh hotel spa (around £38 each), we went there after breakfast and left at 6pm so we definitely got our money's worth! We did some sightseeing but the attractions were very cheap, I think the most expensive was £8 entry but most were only around £1!

What I really noticed this holiday was that I didn't have the urge to spend. We had a look at the souks but I didn't need anything and didn't find myself tempted by bags or argan oil etc, we had the spa day but I didn't feel the need to add several expensive treatments on to the entry fee "just because" I was there. I even enjoyed going to the supermarket to load up on water and pool snacks because I knew it was going to save us a packet!
    I usually leave all my unfinished shampoo, shower gel etc behind when we come home but I couldn't do it! I kept thinking, there's at least £2 of product left in that bottle - it's coming home with me!

I'm doing all the post-holiday laundry today, luckily everything seems to dry as soon as I hang it on the drying rack.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    So nice to hear you had such a lovely time :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family